• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Fillius

Forum Donor
so if previously avr, r stands for receiver, what is the acronym avc stands for now?
Good question, I have no idea, and either I'm useless at Googling or no-one else does either.

raif71

Major Contributor
Good question, I have no idea, and either I'm useless at Googling or no-one else does either.
The best I could gather is Audio VIdeo Center or Audio Video Component but no confirmation

Mayers

What hi-fi's Denon X3700H review and what they say is really reliable?
Are they really saying the right things?

Obiden

For Denon, yes, the AVC has no tuners, otherwise same. Otherwise AVC seems to be AV controller per Yamaha, and AVP AV processor per Denon and Marantz.
I think the Marantz SR8015 will be a sleeper of the yr

raif71

Major Contributor
For Denon, yes, the AVC has no tuners, otherwise same. Otherwise AVC seems to be AV controller per Yamaha, and AVP AV processor per Denon and Marantz.
1599921072554.png

Dan1210

Hey guys, how would this receiver pair as a pre amp when using a few Behringer a800’s as the amplification? Currently I’m using a Marants sr6012.

Yany

Hi guys. Among few other issues I found with playing DSD files from USB and NAS, MultEQ app - does your 3700h start properly on the volume you set under the "power on level"? Mine not, no matter what volume I specify there it always starts at -79,5dB.

ririt

Hi guys. Among few other issues I found with playing DSD files from USB and NAS, MultEQ app - does your 3700h start properly on the volume you set under the "power on level"? Mine not, no matter what volume I specify there it always starts at -79,5dB.
This bug cannot be fixed for now. It has to be fixed in z future firmware. For now, oyu have to set-up the « pwer on level » on »last used » to avoid this issue

Yany

This bug cannot be fixed for now. It has to be fixed in z future firmware. For now, oyu have to set-up the « pwer on level » on »last used » to avoid this issue
Thank you. So it's known bug for the 3700, not issue with my unit only? Hope they fix it soon, it's damn annoying also the 519 error when playing from USB stick.

WaynesterUK

Guys - I can’t find a review anywhere of a Denon AVR-X4500, what’s the verdict on this receiver?
I really want this one in Silver and it has plenty of power, bit more than the X3600 and X3700, there are a few good deals online so I’m searching around

1roger

Have you read this thread?

Amir recommends the 3700 AVR. It tests beyond its price tag. I guess the What Hi Fi reviews are the source of humor around here.

well if the receiver tests beyond its price tag and also get a 5 star review, what is then the issue ..english is not my first language though^^

..as thing will have it I own the 4500h. it performs well soundwise.. but it gets hot so make sure you are NOT boxing it in. Had to reduce the Ohm on it to four with my speakers as well..due to crazy amounts of heat, which probably(?) leads to less power output then advertised. also bluetooth is unstable, have not looked in to the problem in a real way tho.. maybe its doable to improve the situation. have not read any threads on this reciever after I made the purchase..so there might be issues I don`t know about. have the impression general mechanical durability/quality and psu perhaps....have gone down a bit over the past 10 years or so.. in this class of receiver. may very well be wrong, just a gut feeling

Last edited:
Top Bottom