• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X3600H vs AVR-X4500H

• Thread starter Deleted member 6802
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6802

Hallo, I am wondering if anyone here has measurements or can confirms based on their experience if the 4500H has the same performance (HDMI outputs, DAC etc) as the 3600H or dose it have more in common with the 3500H. The receiver will be used in a 5.1(4 ohm) HT configuration without additional power amp.

Thank you in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hallo, I am wondering if anyone here has measurements or can confirms based on their experience if the 4500H has the same performance (HDMI outputs, DAC etc) as the 3600H or dose it have more in common with the 3500H. The receiver will be used in a 5.1 HT configuration without additional power amp.

Thank you in advance :)

More in common with the X3600H, SR6014, and SR7013.

OP
D

Deleted member 6802

More in common with the X3600H, SR6014, and SR7013.

What about the noise and distortion, are there any reliable numbers to compare with the ASR review of 3600H?

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What about the noise and distortion, are there any reliable numbers to compare with the ASR review of 3600H?

I would say yes, the X3500H's preout SINADs were in the mid 90's at up to 1.2 V so I would think the X4500H's would be about the same as the X4700H's, if you use the amp assign feature to disconnect the front left and right build in power amps. If not, SINAD may start dropping at about 1.4 V, that may be more than enough depending on you spl requirements, speaker impedance, and the gain of your power amp.

randomer

@peng do you think x4500 is still a good buy now? I would use it for 5.2.4 plus an external amp for LR.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@peng do you think x4500 is still a good buy now? I would use it for 5.2.4 plus an external amp for LR.

It depends on the price if it is brand new with factory warranty. If used, with no warranty then I think it is risky. If used, and you know the owner or you buy from a reputable dealer who would let you return it within so many days, or better still with some sort of warranty then it may be worth it but again obviously depend on the price. All the talks about the 1.4 V pre out limit is not practicable for real world use because even at above 2 V, the dreaded 70 to 76 dB SINAD is still as good as or better than the beloved Marantz "separate" AV7705 and 7706. Also, if you are using external LR power amp, you can use the amp assign feature to disconnect the AVR's internal amp's for those two channels, that's how the >95 dB SINAD was measured for the AVR-X3600H. So again, my response is, good buy or not depends on price and warranty. Sorry for stating the obvious.

randomer

It depends on the price if it is brand new with factory warranty. If used, with no warranty then I think it is risky. If used, and you know the owner or you buy from a reputable dealer who would let you return it within so many days, or better still with some sort of warranty then it may be worth it but again obviously depend on the price. All the talks about the 1.4 V pre out limit is not practicable for real world use because even at above 2 V, the dreaded 70 to 76 dB SINAD is still as good as or better than the beloved Marantz "separate" AV7705 and 7706. Also, if you are using external LR power amp, you can use the amp assign feature to disconnect the AVR's internal amp's for those two channels, that's how the >95 dB SINAD was measured for the AVR-X3600H. So again, my response is, good buy or not depends on price and warranty. Sorry for stating the obvious.
thanks for the input, I was looking at used. I believe the pre amp mode is not present in 4500 and was added only in the x700 generation or was there a firmware update?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
thanks for the input, I was looking at used. I believe the pre amp mode is not present in 4500 and was added only in the x700 generation or was there a firmware update?
Pre-amp mode was mostly reserved for flagship models until the newer series, and the pre-amp mode is even more expanded with the Xx800 series....

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

No, as you know, only the X3700H and higher models have preamp mode. I only mentioned it because I thought you may want to know as well.

Top Bottom