• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-2700H or Marantz NR1200 for a 2 Channel System - Update 2700H out of consideration - other choices?

jmmaher

Bouncing back and forth attempting to set up a new office/den system. Probably 50/50 music and TV, Looking at both of these since they both have ARC which seems to make life easier as you can use the TV remote to turn on the TV and the receiver using the HDMI ARC system and control volume. Either one will power most speakers in my 11x14 room to reasonable levels. I have a home theater for when I want volume and a big screen.

Am I overthinking this? I have kind of jumped down a rabbit hole and read many of the posts here but there is no where to really see and hear these system, with appropriate speakers, any where near me.

I have an older Hypex amp that I hope to have repaired but not sure i would need it in this application. TV and Spotify would be the primary use. Speaker choice will be a bookshelf and that has not been finalized. Current thoughts are Revel M16 but I have considered going with an active speaker. Both of these systems have preouts.

The reason I have considered the AVR-2700H is that it has Audyssey Room correction, which I understand can be used even when there are only two speakers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
J

jmmaher

Well after looking once again the 2700H is out as it has no front channel pre-outs. Would not be upgradable to use a separate power amp or powered speakers.

I am open to other suggestions - seems like HDMI ARC would be a real benefit but not many options at less than $1,000 with that option

Top Bottom