• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Deezer HiFi

OP
P

Puska

Any ideas beside using chromcast/airplay?

ENG

Forum Donor
If you are thinking of streaming, I use Moon MiND and Bluos Node. Without measuring the sound is best on Moon and the connectivity is best on Bluos.

Last edited:

al2813

I am very close to leave Deezer HiFi and crawl back to Qobuz. The limited Support for streamers is killing me.

samsa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am very close to leave Deezer HiFi and crawl back to Qobuz. The limited Support for streamers is killing me.

Out of curiosity, what prompted the move from Qobuz to Deezer in the first place?

al2813

Out of curiosity, what prompted the move from Qobuz to Deezer in the first place?

Qobuz is missing stuff in its catalogue. I am Israeli in origin and listen to a lot of Israeli music - Qobuz has very little support to that. For now I have both services and pay twice :-(

OP
P

Puska

Qobuz is missing stuff in its catalogue. I am Israeli in origin and listen to a lot of Israeli music - Qobuz has very little support to that. For now I have both services and pay twice :-(
Shalom leha! Im using lms, there i have dezeer, qobuz, radio etc. Everything in one place.

Sounchasr

I have to say I love Deezer's "Flow" for a great assortment of music based on my favorites. I wish Qobuz and Tidal offered something similar.

I just wish there was a way to listen using Audirvana, Roon or via DLNA.

Nango

Major Contributor
I have to say I love Deezer's "Flow" for a great assortment of music based on my favorites. I wish Qobuz and Tidal offered something similar.

I just wish there was a way to listen using Audirvana, Roon or via DLNA.

Try soma.fm for nonstop flow in near to 50 different channels. The Pioneer XDP-02U has a built-in app to Deezer and Tidal. Type in your credentials at the beginning and just listen.

TonioRoffo

I'm in a Deezer HiFi trial since the price dropped. Really like the android interface but streaming options are limited.

I want to add room correction also (homebrew PC, optical in/out, so that becomes even more difficult.

If you want to use the native app & HiFi, the only viable option is Chromecast (audio) which supports HiFi. Works fine, except no gapless playback. Using a classic Chromecast, HiFi shows up on the screen (in the album art) - chromecast has optical out.

Other tests I did:

* An old panasonic ALL-1C streamer (Qualcomm Allplay) supports Deezer via a service called "airable". Interface looks good, is fast, I have optical output. However, absolutely no way to figure out if I'm streaming 320kbit MP3 or HiFi.
* BluOS should work, but all options are expensive. Not sure if the interface (android) is any good
* MusicCast - didn't test the (android) interface but I read good things. Yamaha supports Deezer HiFi so NP-S303 could be a good option. Again, hard to know it's actually FLAC streams and not MP3.
* The hardest test - I'm running Logitech media server/squeezebox which supports Deezer 320kbit. I was able to hack the Spotify plugin so that when selecting a track there, a matching track (FLAC) from Deezer is streamed instead. This is based on non-official API though (reverse engineering of the web interface) - writing a full plugin is way past my capabilities, but would be ideal for me.

So I'm not sure yet to go Deezer instead of Spotify. I feel Deezer has the best track selection for my needs, and is cheaper than Qobuz/Tidal. I don't want to support Tidal so that's not an option for me.

TonioRoffo

About Chromecast, I've read on the Deezer support forum that the newest chromecast implementation doesn't show the HiFi logo anymore. Seems it's even worse than that - some guy measured bandwidth

Top Bottom