• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Deezer HiFi

kami

Why do you prefer using LMS instead of web browser?
I use browser in my linux box (my main computer) to stream Deezer. I think it works rather well and the sound seems 'normal'.

- even though I could, I don’t want to install EQ software in my work laptop, I’m in and out videoconferencing all day and I purposely use different headphones for that

- my DAC is connected to another PC (where I have EQ software) in the same desktop, but I switch USB docking stations to get screen and keyboard access to that, which makes it messy because the docking drivers are unstable and after several switching backs and forth, it takes really long to reconnect the two external screens

- I realized that I listen to music more frequently if I am not on my desktop during weekdays. Mostly because of mental health separation of workplace and entertainment area

- I am using LMS on a old laptop somewhere else in the house (or my personal PC) and then use iPeng from the phone to control deezer flow, and stream it to my phone or the iPad (upnp) where neutron takes care of the EQ, both my headphones are easy to drive

- I could use an uPnP player in windows to use the DAC - AMP and EQ there, but I needed to make sure LMS could reliably stream FLACs from deezer HiFi (Qobuz is not available here)

- switching my work laptop to Linux and then dealing with pulseeffects and the many office-work dependencies from my day is throwaway work

- achieving the LMS-way would help me to set up a headphones station where I can allow my wife to use any headphones she wants to try and share my hobby with her; we’ve developed a dynamic where we share playlists of new music we discover every week and it’s a fun thing to do until we can get vaccinated here in Costa Rica

KM

Last edited:

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Peace for Equalizer APO applies only to the inputs/outputs you choose. Solves at least one problem, maybe more.

1620883586399.png

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Why do you prefer using LMS instead of web browser?
I use browser in my linux box (my main computer) to stream Deezer. I think it works rather well and the sound seems 'normal'.
Welcome Aboard @eriksson.

kami

Peace for Equalizer APO applies only to the inputs/outputs you choose. Solves at least one problem, maybe more.

View attachment 129497

I have not installed it in the work laptop, I’d have to check if it’s CPU hungry.

If you went through my whole message and recommended this, then it means my setup could definitely be simplified (at the desktop at least).

For mobile inside the house, LMS could still be an option. I think it would be the only way to EQ deezer without buying a Qudelix 5K

Qudelix 5K is probably a certain future acquisition because of mobile listening outside the house.

Going back to LMS my main gripe is that I have not found a way to add “Likes” to deezer from any squeezelite client. It doesn’t seem to be supported, I can add songs to a playlist which is fine, but that doesn’t directly feed the algorithm that feeds deezer flow.

KM

TonioRoffo

Just a quick update on this. Deezer HiFi is no more - but that is good news. FLAC (CD quality) has been integrated in the normal premium accounts.
For the ones using LMS still - the native deezer plugin works with FLAC. This is now the cheapest CD quality streaming service.

ENG

Forum Donor
Just a quick update on this. Deezer HiFi is no more - but that is good news. FLAC (CD quality) has been integrated in the normal premium accounts.
For the ones using LMS still - the native deezer plugin works with FLAC. This is now the cheapest CD quality streaming service.
That’s not the case in Denmark. It’s still the old pricestructure.

TonioRoffo

Oh strange. Here in Belgium pricing went to €10.99 per month and now it's included. Huh.

TonioRoffo

Yeah, I only figured it out as I wanted to do a trial of HiFi again and couldn't find it on the website anywhere. I don't care for Hires on streaming (if I really love an album I'll buy it Hires anyway) but like CD quality as a standard. I know MP3/Ogg Vorbis is transparent at 320kbit but it's 2020 - we don't need to care about compression anymore, redbook isn't really bandwidth intensive anymore and don't have to "wonder" if we miss something (even if it's just in the head)

I hope this deezer pricing will go worldwide.

PS. I had a three month HiFi trial which I didn't prolong. At some point I got an e-mail for three months premium at (I think) €3.30 per month, so I'm testing again ;)

ENG

Forum Donor
Again, here in Denmark Deezer CD-quality costs 20 EURO/mounth. Deezer is not having high res.

Pep2020

I pay £6.67 per month (£79.99 / 12 months) for Amazon Music which has HD and Ultra HD. Ultra HD has 24 bits and sample rates ranging from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz. Deezer looks like it is £14.99.

Yes I am a prime member and I pay in a yearly upfront manner. Monthly it is £7.99 and if you are not a member it is £9.99.

Still the cheapest

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I pay £6.67 per month (£79.99 / 12 months) for Amazon Music which has HD and Ultra HD. Ultra HD has 24 bits and sample rates ranging from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz. Deezer looks like it is £14.99.

Yes I am a prime member and I pay in a yearly upfront manner. Monthly it is £7.99 and if you are not a member it is £9.99.

Still the cheapest
In the U.S., Amazon Prime membership fees are:
  • $12.99 per month (plus taxes)
  • $119 per year (plus taxes)
Deezer is cheaper.

Pep2020

In the U.S., Amazon Prime membership fees are:
  • $12.99 per month (plus taxes)
  • $119 per year (plus taxes)
Deezer is cheaper.

What has prime membership fees got to do with it?

I just checked Deezer hifi $14.99. Amazon music unlimited $9.99 (that is the price for non prime members)

Amazon is cheaper.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What has prime membership fees got to do with it?
You mentioned that you pay for a Prime membership, so you gave the impression that is how you got access to Amazon Music (they have Amazon Music Prime, included with Prime membership). I see that is not the case for you.

Anyway,

Deezer and Amazon in the U.S. are both $9.99, so they are the same.

I don't pay for the "HiFi" plan because I don't believe in the audible differences. For that reason I also wouldn't get Amazon Music "HD". Both of those plans are (were) $15.

However, it looks like Amazon is giving all Unlimited members access to HD now for the same $9.99, so I am unsure if Unlimited will continue to exist. In this case, the "HD" version of Amazon is cheaper than the "HiFi" version of Deezer.

kali00

If you are thinking of streaming, I use Moon MiND and Bluos Node. Without measuring the sound is best on Moon and the connectivity is best on Bluos.
Its a nice idea... Cheers...!

Strato007

I wanted to get subscription for Tidal HIFI plus but there are issues with all my credit cards so I have decided to get Deezer or Amazon Music.
In terms of quality, redbook 44/16 is Flac in Deezer service?
What about Amazon?? If I would want to use thru Android device… UAPP does the job with tidal and quboz but what about the others????
Thanks

Top Bottom