• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Decent device similar to the SMSL AD18 or the Topping MX3.

Yasser 06

I m still looking for a device to power my second system and that would also serve me if my main amplifier (a denon PMA 1500) gets faulty.

Here are my requirements :

- Must be able to decode digital signal.
- Should have bluetooth, if possible 5.0 or 42
- Can power medium speakers with hifi quality.
- Has a headphone output with decent amplification section.

and most importantly : Should have low power consumption (so class D, or may be AB) ??

It could be in one box or two.

So i was interested in the Topping MX3 or the SMSL AD18 but both got destroyed by the reviews here.

I may go for SMSL A8 that goes for like 4 time the price of the two above mentionned.

Just wondering if anyone can get decent sound for 200 Euros, 400 ? or 600 ...

I would welcome suggestions at any of the price range above (ie 200, 400, 600 or even 800)

Thanks.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Last edited:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use a SMSL AD18. If you plan to use it with small bookshelf speakers, it'll do the job. But get a Loxjie A30 if you can afford it.

OP
Y

Yasser 06

shadowings

It's weird that as a chinese company Loxjie did not sell their products in China. For chinese the budget speaker amp choice is very few. I dont want to buy Diy Class-D amp for its just a blackbox i can't predict. :eek:
Maybe i should try to buy a made in china amp(loxjie a30) from alipress in other country .:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Top Bottom