• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Decent Bluetooth to Spdif receiver?

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I'm looking for a simple Bluetooth receiver (preferably the latest Bluetooth version) with Spdif output. I guess it there isn't much that can go wrong here and the cheapest that does this from Aliexpress should do?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
K

Koeitje

Major Contributor
This is the one I was looking at. But I have zero Bluetooth knowledge with regards to audio standards.

raindance

Major Contributor
I use an FX Audio BL-MUSE-01 which you can find on Amazon for about $46. It works well and sounds good fed to an external DAC via SPIDF or Toslink. If you use it with your phone, make sure to mute notifications.

JamesC

I think your experience (and the Avantree user reviews) helps confirm that the cheapest option probably won't the best.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

I use the BluDento BLT-HD with a Schiit stack and Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (250ohm) at work. My source is Tidal from a LG Thinq G8 phone. The LG and BluBento both have aptX-HD and it sounds pretty good. The Avantree has aptX Low Latency ment for Video Sync. For pure music the aptX-HD version supports 24bit/48kHz LPCM audio data while aptX-LL has a latency of less than 40ms and 48kHz / 16bit LPCM audio data.

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is the one I was looking at. But I have zero Bluetooth knowledge with regards to audio standards.
I have Vikefon B21, with a longer range. It works fine as a receiver, currently feeding E30. I have also used it as a transmitter, where it was often slow to find a pairing receiver.

Last edited:
OP
K

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Since this was bumped, I might as well say what I went for. I have the IOTA surround processor and they got their own Bluetooth dongle. But the range isn't great and sometimes it drops the audio even when my phone is in close proximity. Since I'm getting an Xbox Series X soon I will just use that to get Spotify to my processor.

Top Bottom