• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dealing with thread disruptors and spammers...

Duckeenie

Can anyone recommend a pair of slippers with good acoustic absorption properties that are suitable for serious listening?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Tbh in these types of cases it's probably best to do nothing, it's just plenty of you give up your free time to post such brilliant informative content and I feel bad when that gets shat on and diluted beyond all reasonable measure .

If no one's complaining in the thread I won't tend to do anything, when a bunch of respect guys are moaning consistently I try and intervene.

It's not a self righteous thing on my behalf, really the guys moderate it themselves but sometimes action beyond their remit is needed.
Surely Amir could use his connections with MS to get some sort of AI program going. We just need it to replicate Thomas' moderating abilities. We don't need it to replicate his other talents. Then we just let it use Thomas' avatar and no one will be the wiser.

I guess the question is, do we fund this AI thing and just forget about the Klippel speaker tester for now?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Surely Amir could use his connections with MS to get some sort of AI program going. We just need it to replicate Thomas' moderating abilities. We don't need it to replicate his other talents. Then we just let it use Thomas' avatar and no one will be the wiser.

I guess the question is, do we fund this AI thing and just forget about the Klippel speaker tester for now?
If you want it to work I'd get the Google guys to build it.. basically anybody but MS , though I heard most the deadwood there have retired .

Then again maybe this has already happened and I'm Robomod..

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can anyone recommend a pair of slippers with good acoustic absorption properties that are suitable for serious listening?
These. It is the feathers that do the trick.

1563998896706.png

Katji

Major Contributor
This is off-topic stuff I really like.

Kool cat. I had my Siamese (Tiki) for 20 years. She was my best friend and constant companion.
Been gone near 15 years now and I still miss her

1623938481032.png
18 years old, 16 years ago. Best friend and constant companion indeed.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Over the 20+ years that I have participated at various internet forums, I have seen obsessive, repetitious, thread-degrading pissing contests and flame wars ruin many good, productive discussions.

I have seen obsessive, repetitious, communications-degrading pissing contests and flame wars ruin many good, productive discussions in scientific journals & meetings.

Just ignore it, or figure out a way to resolve things. I was able to do this as a grad. student over an unusually stoopid nomenclature issue by going directly to the lions den and getting them (and my former PhD advisor) to add more subscripts. Everybody got a subscript and credit.

I also have cat pics if that is the preferred thread vector...

vectors - curl.png

Katji

Major Contributor
Although it takes a bit of a moderator's time, a better solution is to create a special sub-forum for thread disruptors, and let them go at it there. This technique can eventually discourage and reduce the overall number of frivolous posts if you can keep those objectionable posts out of popular threads. A blatant refusal to read and respond to legitimate suggested material by ASR "Experts" arter a warning to do so should be a condition for exile to the disruptor's sub-forum.

Perhaps others have a better idea for a name for a disruptor's fsub-forum, but I suggest something that somewhat represents the problem, such as "Audio Nether-Land." Either whole threads or individual posts/exchanges can then be moved there. This could result in two primary benefits:

Maybe that could be adapted for the problems that come with every DAC review thread.

Top Bottom