• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dealers section?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Should there be a dealers section, where we (dealers) can discus equipment without polluting the main threads?
keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You can invite Tony if you like !
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
If the dealers discuss engineering, technology, and the scientific aspects of the gear they sell, I can't see why the discussions would be out of place in any section.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Keith you should start a thread in the DAC section about the Mola Mola Makua and see if you can get Bruno to come on and explain everything in detail. That would really help put this forum on the map. :)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Mivera

Major Contributor
That's what I am hoping!
Mike good idea email written ,I can't promise of course.Keith

Awesome! We will have 3 top quality Preamp/DAC units in the DAC section! I can't wait till Amir gets the fine details on the Mark Levinson.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
well keith i will leave it too you to invite tony, i think i do his head in so i would not think he would go out of his way. plus this is a u.s site so won't get sales out of it. it would be nice as he is opinionated and has some knowledge. he might be good for the forum.

you must know him better than me, the uk dealer network is rather incestuous

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor
ok keith, i had to post picture to explain pikey and barrow boys... its a U.S site :D:D

I seen the pictures and still don't know what you're talking about. :s

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I seen the pictures and still don't know what you're talking about. :s
well mike, if picture dont do it then i give up... wait i will seek the dictionary

pikey
From the English "turnpike", the place where itinerent travellers and thieves would camp near a settlement.

Pikey is not a racial group, the term is used to describe anyone who lives in a caravan or shares the same values and "culture" of "the travelling community", and whose main sources of income are as follows:

Stealing cars, flogging roses in pubs for "childrens' charities", nicking lead off roofs, burgling garden sheds, blagging entry to old peoples house to rob them, doing dodgy tarmac jobs ("we've got some black stuff left over from a job up the road"), sometimes with mint imperials used as a substitute for white chippings, or, reportedly, using snow to lay slabs on when the sand ran out, stealing your bollocks if they weren't in a bag and anything else that's not nailed down and anything that is nailed down but will fit in the back of an untaxed Transit when nobody's looking.

Characterised by lurchers on a string, a unintelligible language that "isn't English, it isn't Irish, it's just Pikey" (source: Film: Snatch), a penchant for harecoursing, ketamine, lighter fuel, fighting in pubs and shopping at Lidl.

Best avoided.
barrow boy
Originally the term used to describe a London street-hawker, commonly selling fruit and vegtables from a barrow. Now used to describe a social climber from the east end of London, noted for his above average net-worth but lack of refinement. Usually works in the financial sector of the City of London.

Mivera

Major Contributor
well mike, if picture dont do it then i give up... wait i will seek the dictionary

pikey
From the English "turnpike", the place where itinerent travellers and thieves would camp near a settlement.

Pikey is not a racial group, the term is used to describe anyone who lives in a caravan or shares the same values and "culture" of "the travelling community", and whose main sources of income are as follows:

Stealing cars, flogging roses in pubs for "childrens' charities", nicking lead off roofs, burgling garden sheds, blagging entry to old peoples house to rob them, doing dodgy tarmac jobs ("we've got some black stuff left over from a job up the road"), sometimes with mint imperials used as a substitute for white chippings, or, reportedly, using snow to lay slabs on when the sand ran out, stealing your bollocks if they weren't in a bag and anything else that's not nailed down and anything that is nailed down but will fit in the back of an untaxed Transit when nobody's looking.

Characterised by lurchers on a string, a unintelligible language that "isn't English, it isn't Irish, it's just Pikey" (source: Film: Snatch), a penchant for harecoursing, ketamine, lighter fuel, fighting in pubs and shopping at Lidl.

Best avoided.

Okay so kinda like a gypsy.

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning

SNATCH: one of the top 10 movies of the past, present, & future!!!
iridium

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
SNATCH: one of the top 10 movies of the past, present, & future!!!
iridium

Very cool/funny and violent flick.

5043_large.jpg

Top Bottom