• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dealer Called..."Your KEF LS50 Metas are in!"

RoyB

Forum Donor
Just picked up my KEF LS50 Meta speakers... I have them connected to a Sound Artist SA-200ia integrated amplifier with a Node2i as a source playing Quobuz.......I’m dumbfounded! After just two hours of listening to many cuts that I know like the back of my hand, they are magnificent! The bass from a 5.25" drive is freaky good! I have an SVS subwoofer to use with them, but so far I’ve not turned it on. Without any setup, just sitting them on a couple little speaker stands I built for casual listening, placed on the fireplace hearth, the imaging and "air" around instruments is amazing. Vocals rival all the other less expensive speakers I’ve been auditioning. The SA-200ia is turned up to the same place as my Klipsch RP600Ms and ELAC 6.5/2.0....Quite efficient. My Magnapans MMG and KEF 103.2 require much more "volume knob" for the same output. And so far, these speakers bury all of the above! I guess you sometimes really do get what you pay for! More comments to follow, but upon first listen, I think I found my "Forever" speaker!

Attachments

• IMG_20211106_164431421.jpg
    IMG_20211106_164431421.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 423

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Lucky you, I'm always envious of great sound. I'll try not to covet thy stereo.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Just picked up my KEF LS50 Meta speakers... I have them connected to a Sound Artist SA-200ia integrated amplifier with a Node2i as a source playing Quobuz.......I’m dumbfounded! After just two hours of listening to many cuts that I know like the back of my hand, they are magnificent! The bass from a 5.25" drive is freaky good! I have an SVS subwoofer to use with them, but so far I’ve not turned it on. Without any setup, just sitting them on a couple little speaker stands I built for casual listening, placed on the fireplace hearth, the imaging and "air" around instruments is amazing. Vocals rival all the other less expensive speakers I’ve been auditioning. The SA-200ia is turned up to the same place as my Klipsch RP600Ms and ELAC 6.5/2.0....Quite efficient. My Magnapans MMG and KEF 103.2 require much more "volume knob" for the same output. And so far, these speakers bury all of the above! I guess you sometimes really do get what you pay for! More comments to follow, but upon first listen, I think I found my "Forever" speaker!
I'm not sure if the heat from the fireplace is good for them lol

Martinvb

I totally agree with you: the LS-50 Meta’s sound fantastic! Adding a sub in most instances is not really necessary, as (at least for me) the lower spectrum is powerful and well-defined—particularly when playing acoustical music. It took me some time to move the units around, to find the ‘right’ position—not too close to the walls. I tried some minor room correction options, but always returned to the uncorrected signal. This is the best audio investment I’ve done in years (but am currently waiting for the Topping PA5 to arrive and to hear if this small but clean sounding amp indeed may improve the soundstage even more).

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Forever speaker after just one date?

OP
R

RoyB

Forum Donor
Forever speaker after just one date?
If you saw my livingroom, you would know I've been on LOTS of dates.....Looks like a HiFi store ion here with all the speakers I've bought in the last year! There all good, in fact some are VERY good......But then I hook up the LS50s and the walls disappear, the instruments appear in the room....It's magic I tell ya...PFM!

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
If you saw my livingroom, you would know I've been on LOTS of dates.....Looks like a HiFi store ion here with all the speakers I've bought in the last year! There all good, in fact some are VERY good......But then I hook up the LS50s and the walls disappear, the instruments appear in the room....It's magic I tell ya...PFM!
Well Genelec Ones should be one of the best coaxial speakers and better than LS50 Meta so you should audition them too ;)

OP
R

RoyB

Forum Donor
BTW, I'd be interested, did you live with the Genelec Ones and the KEF LS50 Metas? I'd be interested in your opinion of the two....

OP
R

RoyB

Forum Donor
Those are stands I made.....Simple MDF and filled with 10 pounds of lead! On that Hearth they work great. But I now have the KEF stands made for trhe LS50.....They sound even better pulled away from the wall....

Attachments

• P1040437.JPG
    P1040437.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 84

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
BTW, I'd be interested, did you live with the Genelec Ones and the KEF LS50 Metas? I'd be interested in your opinion of the two....
Not me personally but others on this forum have and reviews suggest it

OP
R

RoyB

Forum Donor
Thanks, will have find a pair to borrow....Need to live with speakers to appreciate the differences.

Top Bottom