• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DD vs DD for best dynamic range

AMKAM

Hi
I am looking for balanced sound maybe v shaped with exceptional soundstage and imaging, that could do sub-bass. Mostly for movies and for that dynamic ranges.
My list are
Focal Elegia
Dt 990 premium 600 ohms
HarmonicDyne Zues
I am open for other models too
Thanks

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi
If you want "exceptional soundstage", mostly for movies, you could just install HeSuVi :https://sourceforge.net/projects/hesuvi/
Try it : pick the ooyh_0 preset and it will blow your mind. That's how I watch movies with headphones.

Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

It does ! (I mean my app - of course HeSuVi will work greatly too)

2021.05.04 - 16.38.47.png
2021.05.04 - 16.39.02.png

Last edited:
OP
A

AMKAM

It does ! (I mean my app - of course HeSuVi will work greatly too)

View attachment 127905 View attachment 127906

HI
after using the HeSuVi i am amazed, they complete the feature's of each respective headphones but that is not always the chase. Keep in mind i am not a audiophile.
i have IFI zen can amp

DT770 80ohms, Normally they have muffled vocals and high's are just more than average but after using the eq it completely changed, feel like it has openness to the headphone but not like a sound stage, in fact the sound stage looks little in head. Vocal's and bass are the major sound difference. In vocal's its more open and dead in canter and less muffled. bass goes more deeper than before. After selecting DT770 80ohms eq i dont need 3D or X-bass.
but when i use X-bass the bass is like 15' inch of sub- woofer in middle of ur ears.

AKG K712, this is bit tricky. they have 4 eq's for them. one is a dekoni's and others are just specific to some frequency,
EQ1 focuses on just highs no bass or mid bass so just pure high mid's and imaging.
EQ2 focuses on just low end and nutin else maybe mid-bass i cant really say for sure. Some people generally say they have enough bass or sub-bass and some other say they don't have it at all, so for those people i dont how this will help
EQ3 is just mix of both eq1 and eq2. Personally i like this.
AKG eq really did not do much for me to make me feel it completely changed but surly it coped with some small things the headphone's where lagging.

so at the end i am really happy, they are completely fun to mess around with sound signatures. For the people who are in budget and they want to buy more than one headphone's this HeSuVi is great tool to know what ur headphones pros/cons are plus u can play with them to make ur headphone sound different. Before to do EQ u had to do some things and still u dont know weather that is what u want but now with this software u can have presets to all headphones individually. so that's awesome

Thanks for suggesting this

Jose Hidalgo

I'm releasing the latest Beta today privately, I can add you to the Beta program if you want. You'll just have to report on your experience. I will open a private chat for that. :)

OP
A

AMKAM

I'm releasing the latest Beta today privately, I can add you to the Beta program if you want. You'll just have to report on your experience. I will open a private chat for that. :)

Hi sure
Commenting on others work is my thing
Happy to be a part of ur alpha test

Top Bottom