• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

dCS Bartok Review

veeceem

From the website you will see an amazing feature set:

2nd Generation UEF Filter Wow. Nice!
SR Ground Plane technology Very Impressive
Spotify ... sounds like high resolution analog master tapes Cripes! I had to go and get this!

I have since tested the said Galileo USB cable and it does all that is claimed. And so much more:
  1. It plugs itself in automatically - you just open the box. It is the Optisense Technology that does this.
  2. The color of the braid changes according to the frequency of signal;
  3. It adds up all the bits and does a checksum to let you know your transmission is bit perfect.
  4. It can also be used as a necklace.
  5. It refuses to play Diana Krall. (My favourite feature)
No.2 can be done with RGB,easy.
No.4 I die laughing to this omfg :)

Bronco

Hey, it's cheaper than Nordost's Valhalla USB cable!

But the guys at Stereophile think it’s a real bargain at only $3500 a meter:

“ A brief pre-show listen at home in a hardly ideal set-up—Tidal streamed wirelessly to my computer, and then to the Dynaudio Focus 200 XD powered loudspeakers I reviewed for Stereophile—delivered so much more sparkle and color than the Heimdall 2 USB that it left me eager to give the cable a genuine audition once my show reports are complete and I get back to reviewing downloads and equipment.”

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/ces-2017-nordosts-new-top-usb-cable#2F1uEKizOXv1vsmM.99

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor

“ A brief pre-show listen at home in a hardly ideal set-up—Tidal streamed wirelessly to my computer, and then to the Dynaudio Focus 200 XD powered loudspeakers I reviewed for Stereophile—delivered so much more sparkle and color than the Heimdall 2 USB that it left me eager to give the cable a genuine audition once my show reports are complete and I get back to reviewing downloads and equipment.”

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/ces-2017-nordosts-new-top-usb-cable#2F1uEKizOXv1vsmM.99

What a fantasist!

capitanharlock

Hey folks!

I wrote a subjective review on the dCS Bartok that I thought some here would find interesting.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/10/13/dcs-bartok-dac-part-one-review/

Let me know if you have any questions!

It eludes me why such an expensive piece of gear has a so cheap and low res display.
And so small.

Maybe 15K $ are not enough to adopt a decent one.
Bartok.jpg

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It eludes me why such an expensive piece of gear has a so cheap and low res display.
And so small.

That's actually much better than Chord's Blu MK2 display which reminds me of the clock display in your car from the 90's. Keep in mind that in audiophoolery world, the more archaic the display and more cumbersome the functionality can be, the better sound they produce :facepalm:

Washington-DC-Virginia-Maryland-Chord-Blu-Mk.-II-top.jpg

Top Bottom