• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DCM Time Window

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i just tried to send photos but it says the files ae toolarge. can i fix that somehow?
Open the image in Paint (If you have Windows) and save them as a [.png] That should reduce the file size.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
hi- i have a pair of DCM time windows that i got around 1978. about ten years ago i had some of the speakers and the covering replaced and now i am thinking that they didn't put the right ones in there because one of them sounds almost like a woofer is blown. i would like to find someone who specializes in them to look them over and fix them to original if possible. can someone point me in the right direction? i live in the asheville, north carolina area. and yes, they sounded amazing when i got them.
Short answer, no. Sorry!
Longer answer -- try www.audiokarma.org and/or www.hifihaven.org you should find a) kindred spirits (i.e., timewindow fans) and b) someone familiar with Asheville options.
You could also try www.audioasylum.com

alright- thinking about this: does anyone know where i can get the nice foam covering that came with the speakers? the guy who repaired them glued a piece of black cloth on and they look awful. i would like to remove it and examine the woofers and then have something a lot nicer to put back on there. thank you. and ps- i don't think my repair guy knew all that you guys do on this forum and probably didn't do it well.
McMaster has sheet foam material that is reported to be (reputed to be) a very good match.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Open the image in Paint (If you have Windows) and save them as a [.png] That should reduce the file size.
Hmm... IME, png files are bigger than jpg, all else being equal.
There are many, many tricks to deal with too-large files. One of my personal favorite workarounds* is to copy the image and paste into PowerPoint. Then use "Save as Picture" in PPT to save the image as a jpg. Sometimes, the act of pasting it into PPT and then copying it again will make the image size (file size, so to speak) substantially smaller. The image can also be resized in PPT -- or the original file can be resized (e.g., if one lives in the Wintel world) -- using the options Windows provides when right clicking on a displayed graphic file such as a jpg. See Win10 screenshot below.

1689865363636.png

Speaking of screenshots -- that's always an option, too ;)

1689865583388.png

So many workarounds*, so little time...

hulia

i am giving up on that for now. takes too much space here on this forum for an unrelated topic. thanks.

Top Bottom