• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

dbx DriveRack VENU360 Review (audio processor)

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
It does not mask the distortion, it removes it. This is covered in any basic text on DSP.

Pabloaguas

Well, I removed the said capacitors and subjectively, it seems to sound better. I however can't seem to find replacement caps that are the right dieletric, value, voltage and are the 1mm size... looked all over digikey. Maybe HK is putting the wrong ones in because the right ones can't be had? Anyways it seems to sound great but I'm wondering if i should even replace the caps? Seems to work fine without them but without them is the unit pumping out excessive ultrasonic noise?

Pabloaguas

Not sure if this is the right forum for asking technical questions about the driverack... I did an internet search for a users forum but I couldn't seem to find anything. If there is a users forum please someone post a link.

Pabloaguas

Well, in the absence of a user's forum... does anyone have any ideas about the following issue:

When I change the clock from internal to external in utilities, and then press the back button it gets stuck on that page and has a pupup saying the the clock was changed to external but there is no sound and then I can't leave the utilities menu until I change it back... does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

KGK

Hello, Seniors!

I've 2 Venue 360s and get some similar issues happened.

1. The first one was used in a Bar/Restaurant as a speaker management processor for 2 years.
It was working properly before it got a no audio in/out issue. I soft/hard reset it many times but not good.

2. The Second one was bought from a Pro Audio Rental and it was working seamlessly until yesterday.

I did the firmware updating process to them today but they didn't work. The first unit shows the inputs/outputs meters are working when the input is feed some signals but no audio output.

The Second one has no activity on inputs/outputs.

They can see in the Venue 360 App on both Mac and PC and can do the configurations properly even the Signal Generator.

Please show me the direction for how can I fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.

KGK
Myanmar

kipman725

I would start by checking all power supply voltages then examing the DAC signals (I2S/TDM) and analog output.

Reactions: KGK

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
1) Call their support desk, I've had good results with direct calls, but do see you're outside the US, so, not sure, but they do have a toll free # (844).
I see you've already posted on their support forum - looks like they usually respond. Maybe try email.
2. There were reports of problems with the (AC?) molex power connector being intermittent (improper crimp?) at the front right of the unit on some of them.
Easy enough to check but you'd want to be sure you know what your doing before messing with it. A little surfing might find more references to that issue. Mine did NOT have that problem.
Best wishes!

Reactions: KGK
Top Bottom