• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DB25 Data Switch Box w/Audio

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's an old style switch box for stuff that has not really been sold in 20 years.
What are you trying to do?

OP
W

Whoareyou

Forum Donor
What are you trying to do?
For switching multichannel audio. I don't want to cobble together multiple boxes.
DB25 is common in pro-audio equipment. It can carry 8 channels of balanced audio.
There are (much) more expensive DB25 switches available, and I am sure they are manufactured to higher standards.
But that does not mean a cheaper switch is not of good quality.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
For switching multichannel audio. I don't want to cobble together multiple boxes.
DB25 is common in pro-audio equipment. It can carry 8 channels of balanced audio.
There are (much) more expensive DB25 switches available, and I am sure they are manufactured to higher standards.
But that does not mean a cheaper switch is not of good quality.
I used them 20 years ago for printers. Most of them finished in the trash.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It will probably work, but you may need to turn the volume down when you switch to avoid hearing a "pop" through your speakers as you switch. Purpose-built audio switches generally do some sort of shorting to prevent this.

OP
W

Whoareyou

Forum Donor
Reviving an old thread, was wondering if anyone has ever taken a look at switches similar to the ones sold by electrostandards for multichannel switching, with some remote controllable:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
OP
W

Whoareyou

Forum Donor
That's disappointing and surprising considering these switches are not exactly cheap. At these prices, I expect switches to be of high quality that withstand a certain amount of abuse over many years of operation.

Coleman is probably the way to go, but too bad their switch doesn't offer some type of wireless control.

Top Bottom