• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dayton Audio WBA31 Audio dropout

SEKLEM

When I first started using this device I didn’t have any problems with audio drop outs. Only recently did this problem start to occur. I’d say about a week ago. It seems to be happening increasingly more frequently, with loss of sound lasting 1-3 seconds happening a few minutes apart sometimes. Is it an issue with my network or the device itself and how would I go about diagnosing this?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
WiFi or Bluetooth or both?

OP
SEKLEM

SEKLEM

WiFi or Bluetooth or both?

I’ve been using WiFi pretty much exclusively. You think I should try Bluetooth and see if the drop outs continue? If so does that mean there is a fault with the unit?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
You think I should try Bluetooth and see if the drop outs continue?

It's something you could try...

If so does that mean there is a fault with the unit?

Hard to say...

Same source device being used? Could be there.

Some RF interference occurring? Could be affected externally.

What's the setup?

OP
SEKLEM

SEKLEM

It's something you could try...

Hard to say...

Same source device being used? Could be there.

Some RF interference occurring? Could be affected externally.

What's the setup?

I’m using an iPhone 6s streaming music through the Apple Music app. I also have a Logitech Bluetooth adaptor I use for another application on another system. I don’t have problems with that device. I bought the WBA31 so I could put it in my main system. I have it connected to my preamp via optical.

Top Bottom