• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

David Simons as the best Tv Show creator so far

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Twin Peaks, arguably the show that started the TV revival. I still cannot believe it became as big as it did, is seemed like everyone was watching it early on, not just us Lynch fans.
The recent season 3 was truly nuts, in a way only Lynch can get away with.

OP
Tool

Tool

I Haven't seen the new version so far, but shows I've mentioned are so real and belivable, the writing, Acting, You see how much effort was given to create it, It's not easy to watch, because it dares you to think. Twin peaks is more like a fairy tale nightmare than a real thing. It's not a bad thing but I like to be challenged...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What do you guys think, any shows that impress you with so much depth and complexity as these shows above?

I don't watch any.

Particularly those concerning "cultures" which don't resonate with my ethos.

I don't get much thrill from voyeurism.

Nuke it, blame the Russians.

---

Random streetview, westside of Baltimore:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3001044,-76.6396003,3a,75y,128.73h,90.02t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1swDfHJTQ-5I7k4EHCW_Wf5g!2e0!6s//geo1.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=wDfHJTQ-5I7k4EHCW_Wf5g&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=340&pitch=-10&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I Haven't seen the new version so far, but shows I've mentioned are so real and belivable, the writing, Acting, You see how much effort was given to create it, It's not easy to watch, because it dares you to think. Twin peaks is more like a fairy tale nightmare than a real thing. It's not a bad thing but I like to be challenged...
How about season 1 of The Killing, original version, the us remake is decent but nothing like as bleak. There are scenes where the devastated parents sit around with no idea how to react that stay with you.

OP
Tool

Tool

Sorry Haven't seen yet.. So now I've got two Two more Shows to watch:), Great I wonder When a day become 48 hour day??

OP
Tool

Tool

I don't watch any.

---

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3001044,-76.6396003,3a,75y,128.73h,90.02t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1swDfHJTQ-5I7k4EHCW_Wf5g!2e0!6s//geo1.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=wDfHJTQ-5I7k4EHCW_Wf5g&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=340&pitch=-10&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

I'm Polish so I blame Russians for everything already;)

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The West wing was great, plays more as a fantasy these days. His other shows are worth watching as well.

Breaking bad also great.

Fargo TV series has been good so far.

invaderzim

Twin Peaks, arguably the show that started the TV revival. I still cannot believe it became as big as it did, is seemed like everyone was watching it early on, not just us Lynch fans.

It was an interesting time back then when people would watch shows when they aired. The next day you were either in on the discussions about the show at work and school or not. If you didn't want to feel left out you watched and then spent the next few days guessing what the meaning behind all the little things on the show was.

Now you are on episode 3 and one friend is on 5 and another is on 2. The conversations about shows go more like
"Have you seen the part where this happens?"
"No, shut up! I'm not to that yet"

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was an interesting time back then when people would watch shows when they aired. The next day you were either in on the discussions about the show at work and school or not. If you didn't want to feel left out you watched and then spent the next few days guessing what the meaning behind all the little things on the show was
Largely true, but the last few seasons of game of thrones were like the old days, so it is possible still.

OP
Tool

Tool

Maybe there is even bigger problem, There is too many of shows about nothing which waste your time and effort. So basically there is nothing to talk about just forget and jump in to another story about as above. I much more prefer Quality over quantity.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Loved The Wire. Less enthralled with Treme. The first two seasons of Homicide were quite good as well.

We're not big TV watchers, but we do have our favorites: Veep- maybe the best political show ever; Curb Your Enthusiasm- hilarious social commentary where there are no good guys; Larry Sanders; Silicon Valley- I lived this!

OP
Tool

Tool

About Great social commentary I recommend Louis CK... All of his work. The great politacal Thriller was House of Cards until Kevin Space "admited" that he like boys and... was fired, so the show went down to the toilet. It was a big waste:mad:

OP
Tool

Tool

Horace and Pete with Louis CK is also great social and funny commentary. in my opinion.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't watch any.

---

You must have picked this at random Ray. I randomly picked a few more and the area you picked isn't the worst. Some of the east side isn't so nice as this location. The eastside is where the recently resigned mayor toured and was on camera as complaining about the stench, and "they need to just tear this shit down."

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
You must have picked this at random Ray. I randomly picked a few more and the area you picked isn't the worst. Some of the east side isn't so nice as this location. The eastside is where the recently resigned mayor toured and was on camera as complaining about the stench, and "they need to just tear this shit down."

I grew up on the Northwest side, in an area that was used for filming quite a few of the scenes in The Wire. The specific house was burned down during one of the periodic riots and is now a weed-covered empty lot. Groups of gang-bangers occupy the corner and half the remaining houses are The Vacants. The Wire's depiction of Baltimore was sadly quite accurate.

virginia avenue.png

OP
Tool

Tool

I send a post With Charlie Brooker's recommendation of the wire. He's quite accurate about the show

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What's New in Baltimore?

Top Bottom