• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

David Simons as the best Tv Show creator so far

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Loved The Wire. Less enthralled with Treme. The first two seasons of Homicide were quite good as well.

We're not big TV watchers, but we do have our favorites: Veep- maybe the best political show ever; Curb Your Enthusiasm- hilarious social commentary where there are no good guys; Larry Sanders; Silicon Valley- I lived this!
I enjoyed all these , did you see 'yes minister' ?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
You must have picked this at random Ray. I randomly picked a few more and the area you picked isn't the worst. Some of the east side isn't so nice as this location. The eastside is where the recently resigned mayor toured and was on camera as complaining about the stench, and "they need to just tear this shit down."
Subjectivist review of ASR.

In terms of the evolution of contemporary American TV the prison series 'OZ' is worth a look.

Anything by Shane meadows in terms of UK television is must-watch for me.

Well I'm Big fan of all his work starting with The Wire (grate recomandation by the way):

And there is also Generation Kill , Treme, Show Me a Hero and last but not (I hope) least The Deuce.

What do you guys think, any shows that impress you with so much depth and complexity as these shows above?
I watched the wire and loved it , treme i liked but found it less interesting and less effective in what it was doing.

I am currently loving ' The Deuce' seems to follow the same format as the 'wire' in covering topics of the time and place series by series but maybe unlike Treme managing to do it in a comprehensive manner and in my opinion successfully .

OP
Tool

Tool

And I thought that Treme will be a winner here;). I just wanted to mansion Simon''s name, he deserve it. For me Treme is mostly about New Orleans Culture, Music specially. I'm wondering till now without New Orleans Jazz what king of music would we all listen today? And after Katrina this whole magic place would just vanish because "Sb" forgot to save it. But there are some Individuals strong enough to at least try it. Great show, great music, great performance and again real people...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Subjectivist review of ASR.

In terms of the evolution of contemporary American TV the prison series 'OZ' is worth a look.

Anything by Shane meadows in terms of UK television is must-watch for me.

I watched the wire and loved it , treme i liked but found it less interesting and less effective in what it was doing.

I am currently loving ' The Deuce' seems to follow the same format as the 'wire' in covering topics of the time and place series by series but maybe unlike Treme managing to do it in a comprehensive manner and in my opinion successfully .
The Wire is one of the highpoints in television. Homicide was very, very good. Treme, and the others I cared for not at all. Oz, yeah I watched Oz not knowing whether to keep watching or be appalled by the human animal's baser instincts.

But hey, considering its context in the time I think the original Star Trek was also great TV. Not as great as the Twilight zone or Night gallery. Possibly the highest point of television was the new version of the Twilight Zone (1980's) until Harlan Ellison pissed off enough people he left the show.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I'm Big fan of all his work starting with The Wire (grate recomandation by the way):

And there is also Generation Kill , Treme, Show Me a Hero and last but not (I hope) least The Deuce.

What do you guys think, any shows that impress you with so much depth and complexity as these shows above?
Charlie Brooker's own Black mirror has some great episodes.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, he's quite experience in tv environment so he knows what he's saying.
He used to just be a loudmouth TV reviewer, some of his old review programs were very funny though.

Daaadou

I love that TV show, very well written and addictive.
The corner was really tough to watch, very emotional.

Top Bottom