• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

dave rat , the rat shaker ! bass shaker !

Andysu

Major Contributor
well it resonated rattled made a ruckus of a noise and i laughed at how dave rat almost fell of the seat . 5kw . bass eater on power . not sure what frequency it covers down to below 20Hz or how high up in frequency range ?
you never really want bass shaker to resonate the seating to loud addible noise which isn't part of the soundtrack . it should only vibrate or feel vibration .
i can make a fist while seated and move my arm back and forth and it is silent ! i can only sense and hear , yes hear audible vibration in my ears and yet my fist arm movement is at least half a foot compared to few inches for sub bass speakers or some shakers . if i use both fist left to right i double the vibration and it feels unnerving .

also bare in mind that a certain amount of certain frequency may give "white ass" a sort of "white finger" where ass feels like pins and needles as i experienced with dayton "puck" fitted to my cinema seats (have been replaced with aura bass shakers) "the puck" with playing earthquake sensurround "the big one" twice that's 20 mins the big one lasts 10 mins ! my ass had pins and needles for few hours .

i saw a similar device my Dad had for medical use that you stand on and it had some vibration . my Dad , misunderstood me when i said i could use this for a bass shaker . as it vibrated more than the , aura pro bass shakers .

also you only need few volts to tiny few watts for bass seat shaker as one would be in close proximity with it . it provides what the speaker can't provide due to physics playing loudspeaker loud SPL dB to point where it can do audible hearing damage . . eventually . don't misunderstand i all for the dave rat bass seat shaker , it won't fit underneath my cinema seats easily . then all i need do is add another aura-pro to each seat to maximize the lows below 20Hz by extra few dB or foot pounds ?

anyway i get some slam depth vibration on some movie or whatever else music where i say ? wow , i didn't even know that was on the soundtrack ? yet felt that airborne in THX cinema where it was set-up in way where it was felt yet didn't hurt my ears , it sort sounded/felt almost alike to traveling on a coach and feeling mechanical engine to road surface vibration to acoustical noise . if i wear earplugs they act like a DSP crossover filter being adjusted and then i sense vibration differently . if wear earplugs and use a shaver i hear vibration buzzing noise inner-head and less of the buzzing sound on the outside that is filtered down with the earplugs .

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I like his videos. Have some fun with 5kW amps. And "voice coils" for 35 inch subs. Not that average guys thing to do. ;)

Top Bottom