• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Darkvoice 337

I have an opportunity to buy a real 337. Not the SE or the La Figaro 339. Seems like the real thing. I got kinda opposed with finding one after I bought the 336se. It's the Original Dark voice amp just 2 of them Monoblocked in the same chassis. That just sounds epic. Has anyone heard one? Does anyone own one? Anything I should know?

OP
BurntheHeadPhoneKid
Noise box of powerful fun. I haven't rolled the tubes so I'm still having noise issues. It has been posted other place but, there's a 1 in 5 chance the stock tubes are not awful. I got lucky. I would say the tubes have issues but they seem to go dead quiet after like an hour or so. Once they do "calm" down, this thing is amazing. So much power! Not a neutral sound at all. Very sweet and alive sounding. It has a lot of personalities. I would guess ,(with stock tubes and not warmed up) it will test horrifically

Dogen

Forum Donor
I want one! I like a little tube distortion from time to time, and it looks great.

Headphonaholic

I have a La Figaro 339 and quite like it. I felt like it was an upgrade over the Darkvoice 336se but that could just be due to the fact that the La Figaro looks more impressive :p

I will say I've not had any hum or noise issues with it unlike I have with the 336se with certain tubes. Could just be lucky. I have read of upgrades one can do to the 336se to lessen the hum issues. I assume the 339 has these from the factory since it claims to be upgraded.

If anyone is interested in a 339 keep an eye on Massdrop since every 3 or so months they'll show up.

OP
BurntheHeadPhoneKid
I want one! I like a little tube distortion from time to time, and it looks great.

I do want to clarify something. When it acts up, it really acts up. When it's done with its tantrums... wow amazing. I have a background in guitar gear so I would say, it's the JCM800 of headphone amps. Kinda the base standard of "good" tube amps. Not the best but cheap and real representation of the tonal advantages of Tubes...and disadvantages

Top Bottom