• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dark Wallpaper for OLED TV's

garbulky

Major Contributor
I'm trying to find some dark wallpaper for my 65 inch 4k OLED which I use as my Windows machine. Currently I have it cycling with some dark wallpaper, but have had trouble finding a good variety. The darker it is with some minor light to contrast is what I'm looking for. Eg: stars at night, night time scenes etc. Even better if it is 4k but not necessary. Please offer suggestions or links.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

matt3421

I use Wallpaper Engine on Steam, there are countless live wallpapers you can install.

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I use a 'carbon fiber' one, but couldn't find a higher res version of it when I upgraded video/monitor recently.
Boring, but gives a nice '3d' background effect.

urfaust

I use a 55 Panasonic OLED as secondary pc monitor and to prevent burning the best solution i found was simply to put a few image gradient of greys to cycle, then the regular screensaver set to 2min. It has been almost 2 years now and absolutely no sign of burning (tested with some patterns like red which would show it clearly)
I think the important thing is to have some cycle going on, even if it's not particularly dark, as long as it's not a still image for too long, it shouldn't cause any problem. Also make sure you have pixel shifting on in the menu and the most important, let it performs the "maintenance" when you power down the TV (it has to remain plugged all the time).

I will never, ever (ever) go back to lcd's. This is an everyday amazement of oled for every type of contents, work, movies, games, and even browsing. Only have to keep in mind it's an emissive technology so the risk of burning will always exist.

Last edited:

Willem

Major Contributor
I have never seen an LCD screen that I really like for anything other than text. I am still using a Panasonic plasma screen for movies, and as long as there is virtually no 4K content I do not plan to replace it before it dies. But when it does, it will be an Oled screen. Fortunately the plasma screen is still fine after ten years.

Top Bottom