• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAP recommendation

Spring80

Hi all. Help with choosing DAP, while such options are: Cayin N3Pro, Hiby R5, Fiio M11, IBasso DX160. Since I mainly listen to heavy music (metal, hardcore, metalcore) so I am interested in good bass. What will be better in terms of sound, interface, convenience?

OP
Spring80

Spring80

If you're interested in good bass, I would focus on headphones and choose the player based on capacity and features.
Thanks. Which IEM headphones under $ 150 can you recommend?

D

Deleted member 27694

Hi all. Help with choosing DAP, while such options are: Cayin N3Pro, Hiby R5, Fiio M11, IBasso DX160. Since I mainly listen to heavy music (metal, hardcore, metalcore) so I am interested in good bass. What will be better in terms of sound, interface, convenience?
I own the M11. My unit suffers from a defect volume wheel. It behaves erratic. Jumping the volume up and down. After a short investigation I found out it is a common problem. The new M11 Plus has no volume wheel. I also own the Shanling M3X. Like it very much. Small great sound and very long battery life.

Saidera

FuzzTone

Cowon. Both of mine sound better than my A&K.
My Z2 streams Spotify, with a built in speaker for monitoring.

Last edited:

neg

>Cayin N3Pro

This is quite an interesting device if you are a fan of tube sound. But then you can forget about hi-fidelity.
I can confirm that it is definitely worse in sound than its more expensive competitors.

>fiio m11
Also, I am a former owner of fiio m11pro, unlike cayin, it has a more balanced sound.

For my personal taste, qls361 also has a pleasant sound, but its transient response, which you probably feel as bass response is not so good.​

Top Bottom