• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAP for desktop??

NappyRob

I am looking for a DAP for desktop, I been looking for but I have not found many models only the Aune X5s and SMSL DP5, do you know any other model that you can recommend??

Roland68

Major Contributor
I am looking for a DAP for desktop, I been looking for but I have not found many models only the Aune X5s and SMSL DP5, do you know any other model that you can recommend??
Unfortunately, there aren't that many devices in this area.
I find the Gustard S16 very interesting, as well as, if it can be small and spartan, the xDuoo X10T II. Both have no DAC and no analog outputs. This also includes the SMSL SD-9.
Otherwise there are many good Raspberry players and projects.
Then there are many network players that can also play files from USB hard drives or SD cards. E.g. from Matrix or the AUDIOPHONICS EVO-SABRE, which is also a Raspberry with DAC.

Last edited:

Roland68

Major Contributor
There is also the old DP3 from SMSL. I used it myself for a while and didn't find it bad at all. Music purely via Micro SD, PC USB, HDD USB, Lan, Bluetooth and other digital inputs. It also outputs the signal digitally to other DACs. In addition analog out and headphone connection.
You have to get to grips with how it works (the outputs and inputs have to be assigned) and come to terms with the small display.

Saidera

Top Bottom