• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Danny's ASR "Will you ACCEPT my Challenge?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So we reacted to his BS challenge and prove him wrong. Not the first time, and we managed to help him gather a few more views... Not the first time either...
It remains that sometimes , one must address the bovine manure (and its purveyor) thrown in your direction.
Well done people.

Peace.

JP

Major Contributor
That's interesting, thanks.

Anyone who knows me professionally knows what I'm thinking right now...

FTFY.

DanielT

Major Contributor
Interesting if Danny himself prefers listening to music he recorded with his microphone vs listening to the recording straight from the disc (or streamed music).
Who knows, he might like the music even more if he records his already (by himself) recorded music one more time? :oops: Recording on recording that is. Or the same procedure X number of times to really color the sound. He can switch between different speakers, different positions with the microphone, for example. It will be a real mush of sound in the end, but maybe Danny likes it.

Yes I know an exaggerated example. Not even Danny would do something so crazy, I don't think so anyway.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Remember, folks: Every click on a video link such as that which is the subject of this thread is a cah-ching! of the cash register for the video's poster*
I am not falling for it.
:mad:

GM3

Guys, it's obvious, the 1st clip uses his power cables, and the 2 other clips use normal power cables, which don't filter out all the noises. See, even all of you can hear the differences! His power cable is so good, you guys thought it was the sound from the CD, while it was played from his system. ;)

Axo1989

Major Contributor
The problem is to use correct curve for listening in headphones. Bass is usually not correctly reproduced. Below a recording from my space (using my own head).

It's a while since I've made any binaural recordings myself. What curve are you suggesting (for playback I assume)?

Thank you for the binaural example! What am I listening for in terms of the bass characteristics?

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Remember, folks: Every click on a video link such as that which is the subject of this thread is a cah-ching! of the cash register for the video's poster*
I am not falling for it.

Haha, I imagine that YouTube's rates are so parsimonious, that ka-ching is below the noise floor. But with enough clicks, a millionaire is made ...

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a while since I've made any binaural recordings myself. What curve are you suggesting (for playback I assume)?

Thank you for the binaural example! What am I listening for in terms of the bass characteristics?
It is certainly not a typical Harman headphone curve that increases bass. Probably a flat bass would be ok. But I have not really seen any posts about the ideal binaural HP curve.

ocinn

I'm still, to this day, salty that Danny convinced me over the phone to buy his tube connectors ~12yrs ago, when I was just a teenager (this was before I became enlightened).

I spent like $150 and a few hours "upgrading" my Spicas, ultra-rare Proton amp, and building new cables. :confused:

Andysu

Major Contributor
danny uses bait so that ASR members will come out the water

Iy8a.gif

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not falling for it.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Indeed. I was going to ask "have you met Jana and Alfredo?"

Sadly a limited series. On the plus side, no laundry issues. I haven't listened to Danny, not really planning to, even with eyes closed.

One reason I love audio shows is discovering new music. Sophia Pfister (from that first video) is quite nice. I just bought her two offerings on Bandcamp.

Martin

ocinn

My first reaction was, "I'm not clicking that!"
I use an AdBlock extension. No revenue for them. Turn it off for creators you want to support, though.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I listened to the clips. Both B and C tracks are clipped and distorted, crackling distortion in the end. Disaster.

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
I am not falling for it.

unless he's getting hundreds of thousands of views, we're talking less than chump change. The couple dozen or so clicks this thread might give him likely amounts to less than a quarter in his pocket. (personally, I've never viewed any of his vids from the many threads here. I know what he's about...no need to watch his stuff anymore at all)

ocinn

unless he's getting hundreds of thousands of views, we're talking less than chump change. The couple dozen or so clicks this thread might give him likely amounts to less than a quarter in his pocket. (personally, I've never viewed any of his vids from the many threads here. I know what he's about...no need to watch his stuff anymore at all)
Yeah pretty much. This is my history for my ~300k view channel. It's about exactly $1/1000 views. It's annoying how they withhold payment until you hit $100. I haven't posted in years, so it's going to be a while.

IMG_2278.JPG

What is it called?
I use uBlock Origin.

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yeah pretty much. This is my history for my ~300k view channel. It's about exactly $1/1000 views. It's annoying how they withhold payment until you hit $100. I haven't posted in years, so it's going to be a while.
That's because you are using the stock version of YouTube. There's this guy named Danny that has a mod package you can buy that dramatically improves the payout rate. It mainly involves swapping out the power cables and bus connectors for the YouTube servers. If you are handy with soldering and breaking-and-entering data centers you will be amazed at the outcome.

ocinn

That's because you are using the stock version of YouTube. There's this guy named Danny that has a mod package you can buy that dramatically improves the payout rate. It mainly involves swapping out the power cables and bus connectors for the YouTube servers. If you are handy with soldering and breaking-and-entering data centers you will be amazed at the outcome.
You might be onto something, a little birdie told me that IEEE is moving the ethernet standard away from RJ45 for the first time and it is to be replaced with 8x GR Research Tube Connectors for Cat 9....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom