• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Danny's ASR "Will you ACCEPT my Challenge?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What it supposed to prove?
I'm the one missing something here?
I mean even in the audiophiles realm it's extremely bizarre and pointless.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Reminds me of C.M.O.T Dibbler:

2a99f43ca83ce527419b976df2288f67.jpg

DanielT

Major Contributor
But what is the purpose? To listen in track B & C for small sounds/noise (a chair that squeaks when Danny moves perhaps) when he records with his microphone?
To count the sounds/noise that are not on the recording in track A but those that Danny adds when he plays into his room?

Trying to figure out how much Danny's recording in the room distorts, colors sample A?

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
But what is the purpose? To listen in track B & C for small sounds/noise (a chair that squeaks when Danny moves perhaps) when he records with his microphone?
To count the sounds/noise that are not on the recording in track A but those that Danny adds when he plays into his room?

Trying to figure out how much Danny's recording in the room distorts, colors sample A?
Exactly without any background it's pointless. (With background explanation it probably would be also nonsense)

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not just that.....

On my decent system that I CAN play youtube on easily, it still sounds like crap.

A microphone recording of a room playing a system NEVER sounds good, no matter what the mics or playback devices.
The very act of recording a system playing in a room, instantly kills ANY sound it did have.
i think binaural recordings sound quite nice actually.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At least he should go for binaural recordings - this is complete waste of time. Better he focus more on washing his clothes.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
i think binaural recordings sound quite nice actually.

Indeed. I was going to ask "have you met Jana and Alfredo?"

Sadly a limited series. On the plus side, no laundry issues. I haven't listened to Danny, not really planning to, even with eyes closed.

Last edited:

DanielT

Major Contributor
Exactly without any background it's pointless. (With background explanation it probably would be also nonsense)
In any case, just as an example, track B 0:12-018 noise that is not heard track C. Track C a crack, noise at 0:03 that is not in track B. More than that, I can't bear to listen and act as noise detective.

A very strange exercise that Danny invites us to. Pretty pointless.:oops:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Its mostly about the "feel" of the guitar, which affects the way you play which affects the way it sounds.

Its a block of wood with strings attached, lots of things make an audible difference. One of the big ones is the person playing it.
That's interesting, thanks.

Anyone who knows me professionally knows what I'm thinking right now...

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Indeed. I was going to ask "have you met Jana and Alfredo?"

Sadly a limited series. On the plus side, no laundry issues. I haven't listened to Danny, not really planning to, even with eyes closed.
The problem is to use correct curve for listening in headphones. Bass is usually not correctly reproduced. Below a recording from my space (using my own head).

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Some small FR differences at the high and low end.

Between 1kHz and 6kHz there seem to be (narrow band) differences of +/-8dB here and there.
Also seen in the spectra.

Most likely caused by:
Mic being in a somewhat different position or room effects like someone standing in the room in a different position altering reflections.

Not likely caused by: speaker cables, power cables, different amps, very different speakers.

Pointless exercise which, judging from the YT comments, many people fell for....
Danny wins.... because he gets the attention, haters still hate, believers love the man even more now.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
What's with the 20kHz tone only present in 'C' ?

Maybe a different speaker cable that makes the amp oscillate and is triggered by highest treble or is mirrord ?
Could be the reason there suddenly appears to be 'signal' above the source frequency limit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom