• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Danny Ritchie's Rube-Tubes

MarkS

Major Contributor
Did you expect anything else?

IMO, GR and similar snake-oil peddlers are best ignored, unless someone comes here asking a direct question.

gab

It's been summarily removed. Vanished without a trace. So much for honest and open communication.
It's probably in the Intergalactic waste bin portion of the site. I made a couple suggestions in the following thread. It ended up in the IG bin shortly thereafter as well:

Guess the thread was deemed "bad for business" by GR and/or site moderators

Last edited:

BN1

Just saw on another site where they compared 3 locking banana plug versions and it would be interesting to see if ASR can test some of these BPs against GR Research's tube connectors. Recognize that the BP is only half of the connection. BTW while the BPs were reasonably expensive, they weren't nearly as much as the tube connectors.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This diagram kills me every time I look at it
s638767443403344765_p44_i6_w580.jpeg

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Why not skip the connectors all together?
download-jpg.127826

Why not eliminate a point of failure by direct wiring? You save money and get the best connection possible. And there is no better connection then a direct one. Even Danny said so.

And why even bother with Power Cables? Directwire that AVR to the Box!
1657388110252.png

Why should your water heater or your stove have all that pure clean direct power?
Here is a Handy Guide by Better Homes and Gardens Caitlin Sole, on how to wire you Amplifier, (or garbage disposal) to your home's mains.

49c32613-1114-435e-8865-801970224d5a_text.gif

MarkS

Major Contributor
Just saw on another site where they compared 3 locking banana plug versions and it would be interesting to see if ASR can test some of these BPs against GR Research's tube connectors.
There is no point. It's completely obvious how the measurements would come out (what is there to measure other than contact resistance, which will be neglibible?), and endless measurements of all sorts of things have not eliminated the supply of gullible people, and never will.

One thing I wish ASR would emphasize more is likely audibility thresholds of stuff that gets measured like SINAD.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is no point. It's completely obvious how the measurements would come out (what is there to measure other than contact resistance, which will be neglibible?), and endless measurements of all sorts of things have not eliminated the supply of gullible people, and never will.
There is a major point to be made. Each and every time that a snake oil cable or futuristically I hope a binding post with FFT test at high and low power levels the snake oil believers see and read it and the retailers see and read it and they think twice or more about selling or buying that rubbish. :D I've seen binding posts cause some weird issues when the solder joint is cold or the contacts dirty or just plain old a crappy post and connection. I'm all for testing the Electra Tube Connectors compared to other binding posts. :D

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just saw on another site where they compared 3 locking banana plug versions and it would be interesting to see if ASR can test some of these BPs against GR Research's tube connectors. Recognize that the BP is only half of the connection. BTW while the BPs were reasonably expensive, they weren't nearly as much as the tube connectors.
Ask him to explain his crossover wiring in relation to his terminal preference. That should invoke an interesting response.

Top Bottom