• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dan Clark Stealth vs the world subjective review

OP
metasharp

metasharp

Well on my end I value measurement above anything else.
However I stand by my disappointment regarding the expanse.

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
I said it is the combination of EXPERIENCE and SCIENCE together that paints the full picture.
I'm not interested in these headphones, I prefer to listen freely, but I would agree with your statement. Measurements are important, say a lot, but in the end listening must come to it, one must learn that too by listening and comparing much audio gear. So the experience concerns both technical knowledge and ear training.

Last edited:

Curvature

Major Contributor
Not at all true, but here goes the aforementioned bickering, which actually proves my point :)
I said it is the combination of EXPERIENCE and SCIENCE together that paints the full picture.
By the way, when you add the measurements to the listening experience, the anecdotal is just as important because...we're measuring what we are listening to...with ears...on human heads.
We are the test subject as much as the equipment.
It all fills in the details.
I promise you in 5 years we'll have the same disagreements about whether AI is just basing its "opinion" on math and facts or if it is "feeling" something unique.
I love gathering the data and understanding the "where things went wrong" between measurement and experience.
Our ears do amazing science when matches to brains.
We get the BEST results using all of the data together.
I don't think you understand the premise of controls.

@metasharp Has some report. All he said was X sounded like this, Y sounded like this. He did not then start eliminating or testing individual facts to see if he could understand why. All we have is the report. The why is what the value. You don't necessarily need measurement tools, but you do need some knowledge of headphones and hearing to devise interesting listening tests that could be revealing. See this thread and my responses: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ds/listening-test-maybe-not-so-usefull.45309/

@metasharp My sense is you're a decent person. I apologize for being blunt.

Top Bottom