• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is this gonna become one of the staples in your headphone listening tests?
I bought it to listen and enjoy music. Not everything I do is for you guys. :D

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Traded for the APx555?
Almost. I traded my RME ADI-2 Pro as one of the items which could have been used as analyzer. :) Dan already has an AP so didn't want to give him what he already has. :D

The Stealth is THAT good !? :D
To me it has been. Maybe I discover something else in the future. But for now, it was an important purchase I had to make.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Almost. I traded my RME ADI-2 Pro as one of the items which could have been used as analyzer. :) Dan already has an AP so didn't want to give him what he already has. :D

To me it has been. Maybe I discover something else in the future. But for now, it was an important purchase I had to make.

What headamp are you driving Stealth with currently? And DAC?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice! I guess that's different the HE6se then which was reviewed here:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hifiman-he6se-review-headphone.23576/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/638c1dgypzw7eit/Hifiman HE6se.pdf?dl=0
Certainly the HE6se is a fantastic headphone, but I don't know about the v2, haven't seen any measurements for it.

Different band and pads- depending on who you speak to, different drivers. I got a pair a week ago (v2). Really good but of course I'm having to use V1 EQ/ measurements. Similar FR from what I have seen.

FR comments 8 minutes in

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's not it. You must create cavities of different volumes, not just holes..
You could use pasta which you cut to different lengths :p

1629795263248.png

Nothing for people with trypophobia though.

bidn

I'm not sure about the Stealth, but I bought the Aeon 2 Noire and found that while the earpads are vegan, the leather portion of the headband is actually genuine leather, not vegan. This isn't stated anywhere on the product page, so I let DCA know in a review on their site and hopefully they can make this more clear in the future.

The official Stealth page states:
"The leather headband",
I understand this to mean that genuine leather is used for the headband (versus fake leather in the ear pads).

edahl

I'll send Dan Clark my HIFIMAN HE1000se for a Stealth so he can experiment with meta-materials for it :p

Paolo

RME ADI-2 Dac (Version 2).

May I ask why you had both the Pro and the FS? I mean, were they used in two different setups or there is some possible – and useful – combination?

Dogcoop

Due to people trying to game the Club DCA system we have changed the policy so that your first discount is available 30 days after the first purchase.
Hi,

I live in Europe and just heard that shipment to Europe of the Stealth will be delayed.

Do you have any further information about this?

Thanks for your help.

Take care, stay healthy, and continue the great work.

Cheers,
Gary

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
May I ask why you had both the Pro and the FS? I mean, were they used in two different setups or there is some possible – and useful – combination?
I bought the Pro when that was the only version available. There was no DAC version, nor FS version.

On my desktop I use the DAC version as I don't need an ADC.

Daiyama

Thanks.
Does he mean by " no Macrodynamics" "no slam" as this is often critizised with planar and Dan Clark headphones?
If so, I could imagine that this will be the main discussion point of the Stealth (besides the optics ;)).

Music1969

Major Contributor
Thanks.
Does he mean by " no Macrodynamics" "no slam" as this is often critizised with planar and Dan Clark headphones?
If so, I could imagine that this will be the main discussion point of the Stealth (besides the optics ;)).

Good question. Jump on that forum and ask him directly :)

Chester

Thanks.

I have no idea what Macrodynamics are in this context. Given how it’s being described though I’m guessing it’s another audiophile term to describe something imaginary.

philosobyte

Is it theoretically possible to have a linearity test for headphones? Dynamics issues would show up there, right?

RHO

Major Contributor
Is it theoretically possible to have a linearity test for headphones? Dynamics issues would show up there, right?
You mean compression? So the generated SPL in relation to Vin? I agree, that would be interesting.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
There is no indication in the THD plots that compression takes place.
When there is compression at higher SPL there is lots of 3rd harmonic at higher SPL.

Top Bottom