• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Wow, well that's extremely rude of the Dan Clarke rep, I can barely picture how you'd turn up at a trade fair for the purpose of showing off your products to potential customers and then behave like that, that's really rude of him!
Especially considering the cost of exhibiting, unfortunately not uncommon though, shows are possibly seen by some employees ad ‘jolly’s’ when in fact they are hard work.
Keith

Chillazar

Hey guys. I ordered the Stealth as B-stock in March 2023. On the 23th of December my left driver became very quiet all of a sudden ( around 10db). The shop I ordered from only offered a repair but DCA couldn't do it and just send a new pair which I got today. Ironically the Stealth got a Stealth revision because I can now see a part of the driver behind the earpads. Anybody knows what's up with that?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hey guys. I ordered the Stealth as B-stock in March 2023. On the 23th of December my left driver became very quiet all of a sudden ( around 10db). The shop I ordered from only offered a repair but DCA couldn't do it and just send a new pair which I got today. Ironically the Stealth got a Stealth revision because I can now see a part of the driver behind the earpads. Anybody knows what's up with that?
A picture would be useful

Chillazar

A picture would be useful
If I remember correctly, I couldn't see the shiny part with my old, broken model. I could only see the structure of the meta material.

Attachments

• 20240422_152537.jpg
    20240422_152537.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 28

oceansize

Forum Donor
Exemplary customer service!

Chillazar

The production date of mine is somewhere in November 2022, so not one of the earliest batches, but it shows the driver in the same way.
My older model had a previous owner who send it back to the shop. Maybe that one is older. I'll ask DCA directly about this. Maybe I'm just imagining this though.

nagster

If I remember correctly, I couldn't see the shiny part with my old, broken model. I could only see the structure of the meta material.
I bought it from DCA's online shop in fall 2021. Photos without and with flash.

Attachments

• dca_stealth_noflash.jpg
    dca_stealth_noflash.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 16
  • dca_stealth_withflash.jpg
    dca_stealth_withflash.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom