• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dan Clark Ether Flow Angled/Flat pads

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wanted to see if anyone has tried both the flat pads and the angled pads on the ether flow open 1.1.

I bought a pair of these headphones used and they came with the angled pads. When I look on Dan Clark's site, it states that the flat pads are the stock pads for this headphone and the angled pads are the stock pads for the closed version.

Here's what the Dan Clark website says about the Ether angled pads:

This earpad fits ETHER and ETHER C headphones. It is the standard pad for ETHER C, but may also be used with ETHER. When used with ETHER the angled ear pad will create a slightly leaner tone with a slightly more distant soundstage, while preserving ETHER's depth and width of field. In effect, sounds that are closer in the mix will move further out relative to the ETHER flat pads.

Does anyone have any real-life experience with these? I'm considering purchasing the flat version.

Chester

I would say the things most likely to change your perception of the sound here are your personal head characteristics and your personal preferences, so it’s kind of a suck it and see situation.

OP
Acerun

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would say the things most likely to change your perception of the sound here are your personal head characteristics and your personal preferences, so it’s kind of a suck it and see situation.
Yeah, I realized that no matter what anyone said, I'd still want to try it myself...So I ordered the flat pads. :)

Top Bottom