• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed, Aeon 2 Noire and Stealth

Jimbob54

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you. Output impedance of the DX320 is .03, I am told. So suppose that means there wouldn’t any real issue driving lower ohm drivers…
I dont think the output impedance of the DAP was the issue. Its ability to deliver enough current to low impedance drivers might be though.

tifune

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you. Output impedance of the DX320 is .03, I am told. So suppose that means there wouldn’t any real issue driving lower ohm drivers…

Sorry, I'm talking about power output. You can see an example on the amp I use for Stealth:

Notice power output drops as you go further below 48 ohm. For my listening habits, I feel around 2W @ 23ohm is required for proper sub-bass response. Amir touched on this in the G5 review, which I believe is 1.1W at 23ohm; I expect the DX320 would have similar output to G5. As to whether that matters to you, only you can decide. DCA recommends 500mW @ 23 ohm

For those that have the Aeon 2 open, I want to ask about the comfort

How does it feel? Is it too heavy? Tight? does the lower section of the cup push in hard?

Planning on getting one but worry about it. My head fit 650 well but not with Beyer type, tried t50/he4xx but they are too heavy
I just got my aeon2 noire. We have 4 HD650 in our studio, never really satisfied with them.

the Noire is more comfortable, it feels bigger, not heavier. I dont have big ears, but the hd650 cups are only just big enough. When going out for a recording, I actually need to shave my ears, or I will hear hair rustling against the pads, making me wonder if I have digital clicks on a recording !

Returning to the HD650 after listening to the Noire makes it feel and sound like a toy (the Senn). of course it does not help that the hd650 foam parts simply disappear every 1-2 years. It is the main reason I never looked at a 800.

The DCA is - first impression - a lot closer to our reference monitoring system.

staticV3

Major Contributor
The DCA is - first impression - a lot closer to our reference monitoring system.
Sure makes me wonder how close the original SRH440 gets for 6% the cost of a Noire (here in Europe).

440 / Noire
Screenshot_20221028-220804_Drive.png / Screenshot_20221028-220718_Drive.png

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom