• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Dali Spektor 1 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Macfox

On the other hand, because Dali speakers are meant to be used with no toe-in their use is limited to long wall setup in very wide rooms or when the side walls are treated. Unless one enjoys a "bright" balance and "wide" images and soundstage...
On the other hand, speakers that are only neutral when completely on-axis will have undesirable results when in a standard listening situation (in the middle of a square or even totally off axis when with guests). You can't don't want to always toe in your speakers to your exact listening position.

Macfox

Thank you for this info!
If you want speakers made in Denmark, then Opticon and up are the way to go. And to be fair, the higher ranges have nearly all components (including cabinet and drivers) designed, made and assembled in-house in Denmark. Unfortunately, it's unrealistic nowadays to expect that at the Spektor series price level.
It used to be though. I have had both Dali Blue and Suite II series speakers that were made and assembled in Denmark. But like with (power) tools, musical instruments and other gear, the price point for made in Europe/US/Australia/etc. things keeps rising.

wave

Hello. I live in Greece and I found those speakers used for 100€ - perfect condition, just taken out of the box to be tested. Was that a good deal?

Is there anything better at that price range?

Top Bottom