• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dali Opticon 8. Is my room too small?

l_lama

Last week I visited a local shops and found Dali Opticon 8 with the sound I like and decent discount.

Here is my tiny living room and kitchen, dimensions are in millimeters, so the listening area near TV is about 10x15 ft. and my comfort listening level is 68-74 dBa SPL as measured using some smartphone application.
It is possible to put speakers ~1ft from the wall and adjust distance. Current speakers set are 2500mm (~8ft) away each other and my ears.
I have an option to go with Dali Option 6 of Kef Q750 both cost nearly same at local retailers and cost less ($600 or so) then Option 8
The only reason I'm talking about 8" speakers is that I like their way to play cellos, guitars in Metallica alongside with bright sound and amount of details delivered by twitter.
Since I've heard larger speakers in larger well-treated room, would it be adequate in my pretty small room? I don't have a way to do DRC at this moment.

I will appreciate any input. Thank you.

Attachments

• room.png
    room.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 257
Top Bottom