• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dacmagic Plus repair

TheMadcap

Hello everyone,

I am opening this thread to seek out help while trying to repair my dacmagic plus. I originally opened a thread in diyaudio forum as " Dacmagic plus outputs only high pitch noise " if you want to check that out. I don't if it is allowed to share link from another forum.

My problem was having high pitched noise as output. Usb and optic inputs, which one I am using doesn't matter. Here is a video showing that.

It is suggested to change capacitor c148 to fix the problem. While I was trying to desolder c148 I broke one pad of the slot. Here I attach pictures of it. There is a service manual for dacmagic which also has the circuit diagram. However it doesn't cover for dacmagic plus and I was not able to find a manual for dacmagic plus. If I knew where does it connect I could simply solder a jumper wire. I tried to observe wether a path is connected to broken pad or not and I think that pad goes other side of the board. Do you think that pad is connected to the ground? How should I proceed?

cicv0Gl.jpg

uVqaFxv.jpg

vX52H6i.jpg

VofLNDe.jpg

OP
T

TheMadcap

Update: I scraped small piece from the back and soldered a jumper wire. Then I checked if the three dots on top of the board connected to the place I scraped and dmm beeped so it is connected. I checked negative side of 100u 25v cap and other 470u cap they all seem connected so I assume all three caps negative side connected to the ground.

So I replaced the c148 with new capacitor and powered it up. Failure. Dacmagic now doesnt show any input. Normally input selection leds cycles up 1-2 time at startup. Now it doesnt stop cycling. I don't know what does that mean. I checked voltage levels on caps. c148 show around 1.2V. Other 470uF cap shows around 5V. 100u cap shows 6mV. Something seems wrong with the 100u cap. I changed it as well with new one but nothing changed. If I remove caps and power device up same thing happens, led cycles forever.

stoelegaard

Did you ever get an service Manual for the DacMagic Plus or just the schematics?

Top Bottom