• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC with optical, USB, bluetooth, aux inputs, plus vol control and remote

Neale

... is this too much to ask? We are looking for a one size fits all device that handles all our audio; so we can send audio to powered speakers and do away with receiver or other pre-amp. <$1000 would be good. Open to ideas.

Thanks

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
SMSL M300 MKII balanced/unbalanced and everything on the list, around 240$.

Xombul

Forum Donor
Smsl m200, Topping dx3 are also in the same range of price.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
US$1k ?

The Topping D90, DX7Pro, SMSL M200, M400, M500 all are within price range and have all the above.

OP
Neale

Neale

Thanks all ... I'll check these out. Thoughts from users always appreciated. And a unit with RCA analog aux inputs (as well as optical, bluetooth and USB) would be useful.

Last edited:

chasfs

The above mentioned units do not have AUX input. I just returned SMSL M300 MKII because no AUX and no APTX HD. The Amazon page doesn't mention which BT codecs are supported. It does mention coaxial input which I assumed meant AUX but it means coaxial digital. I like the SMSL M200 but IT also no AUX iNPUT.

Last edited:

chasfs

Yes, of course its a preamp! Neale, the OP wanted AUX too.

Just complaining about lack of details on Amazon page for SMSL M300 MKII.

I want to use APTX HD or better Bluetooth and compare it to the lineout from my A&K SR15.

Top Bottom