• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC with DSP?

Ultrasonic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
is it possible to use just the room correction, just the dsp part of the Antimode?

No, because the various antimodes only have analogue outputs, whereas you'd need a digital output for its internal DAC to not have been used.

Were you happy with how it sounded before reading this thread though? If so, don't worry about it.

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
RME ADI-2, Sennheiser Captune mobile app has one for free ,and Trinnov crazy expencive, JRiver software DS on Pc and mobile app OK price,

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Behringer DEQ2496 has good audio performance and just about every DSP feature I could imagine needing, other than the possibility of using FIR filters.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
thank you for the insight. does it make sense to use an external dac with the Antimode? is it possible to use just the room correction, just the dsp part of the Antimode? Sorry for asking, Just got my Antimode a few weeks ago.
No, because the various antimodes only have analogue outputs, whereas you'd need a digital output for its internal DAC to not have been used.
The 8033 variants are analog in/out but the Dual-Core and X4 have digital outputs.

Ultrasonic

Addicted to Fun and Learning

darko

Forum Donor
Ha! Yes, you're right :facepalm:.
it does have a toslink output. to answer your question, I'm happy with it - for me it is a very convenient piece of gear. it's a bummer that it doesn't measure better but I guess I wouldn't hear the difference anyway

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not so. I have an Antimode 2.0 and used its optical digital output into a Devialet amp. I have never used its analogue outputs.
OTOH I was not that happy with the sound when using it, for some reason, and it was between computer and amp so didn’t room correct any other input. I don’t use it now.

Top Bottom