• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC with Auto Switching - Optical / USB?

Witterings

Does anybody know if there are any DAC's that Auto Switch between inputs and have both Usb and Optical in?

Wouldn't neccessarily need to switch but could just mix the 2 inputs together for one output.

Output can be TRS or XLR or last choice would be RCA.

Would have thought there'd be a market for one as I'm sure some people would like to easily switch between say a laptop via usb and an optical feed from a TV or a streamer plugged in via Optical In but I can't seem to find anything out there.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If your trying to mix two audio signals into one output?
It would seem you would want an Audio Interface.

OP
W

Witterings

If your trying to mix two audio signals into one output?
It would seem you would want an Audio Interface.

I'd certainly considered an Audio Interface (have a big one in another room) but the majority don't have Optical Digital in and apart from the USB from computer / laptop tend to be mono TRS or XLR inputs.

OP
W

Witterings

Yep. RME ADI-2 DAC.

Then, you need an audio interface.

That looks good but way over budget unfortunately, I was hoping for something around the £100 to £250 region .... I do have a Topping E30 but the auto switch isn't great and whilst I could possibly live with it / use the remote to switch it's not ideal and only RCA out.

MCH

Major Contributor
I am not sure if it can make what you need but the audient id14 gets often praised, is relatively cheap, and has toslink in

OP
W

Witterings

I am not sure if it can make what you need but the audient id14 gets often praised, is relatively cheap, and has toslink in

That does look interesting .... cheers for that!!

Reactions: MCH
Top Bottom