• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

DAC types and their sonic signature

solderdude

Major Contributor
After thinking about it I guess the answer is no.

@SIY you are right it.... is like feeding a troll... In his case I am not convinced it is pure trolling (looks like it) but rather a complete lack of understanding and unwillingness to learn (as he knows better).... could well be trolling.

His 68, sometimes very lengthy, PM's to me are concerning, hilarious, bonkers, completely of topic, largely wrong/incorrect and sometimes darn right insulting towards me or other ASR members.. I don't mind taking flak myself as it shows his ignorance.
I always kindly replied to him and explained the errors of his thinking and ways.

You're right though ..from this point on I should simply not reply to him anymore ...
I will miss looking for appropriate GIF's though... I almost started to run out of them anyway.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor

@SIY you are right it.... is like feeding a troll... In his case I am not convinced it is pure trolling (looks like it) but rather a complete lack of understanding and unwillingness to learn (as he knows better).... could well be trolling.

His 68, sometimes very lengthy, PM's to me are concerning, hilarious, bonkers, completely of topic, largely wrong/incorrect and sometimes darn right insulting towards me or other ASR members.. I don't mind taking flak myself as it shows his ignorance.
I always kindly replied to him and explained the errors of his thinking and ways.

From this point on I will not reply to him anymore ... I will miss looking for appropriate GIF's though... I almost started to run out of them anyway.
The GIF's you came up with are what made me not put him on ignore. I was always waiting for the 'next episode'. :)

solderdude

Major Contributor
Tomorrow the saga continues I am afraid (almost like a good soap, wait that is an oxymoron) but without replies and gifs from me though (have to constrain myself....have to constrain myself... have to constrain myself... have to

Bliman

You're right though ..from this point on I should simply not reply to him anymore ...
I will miss looking for appropriate GIF's though... I almost started to run out of them anyway.
A bit off topic but are you the guy behind DIY audio heaven?

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor
Tomorrow the saga continues I am afraid (almost like a good soap, wait that is an oxymoron) but without replies and gifs from me though (have to constrain myself....have to constrain myself... have to constrain myself... have to
No, actually, you don't have to constrain yourself. You need to deal with reality as it is, not as you wish it were. ;)

solderdude

Major Contributor
Now you've done it ... :eek:

edit: Got a PM with some more insults (directed to me and other locals).

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Power hungry desperado
The Watchman
Patreon Donor
Now you've done it ... :eek:

edit: Got a PM with some more insults (directed to me and other locals).
That's unacceptable, though not public our PM or conversation system is not to be abused in this way.

Such abuse if bought to my attention will be treated as though it was a public post . It's up to you if you wish to invite me to said exchange.

solderdude

Major Contributor
Thanks ...

Nah.. it was just Zalive and think I know where it came from (me not 'believing' him)
I could have just ignored it and not reply.
At first all was very friendly and civil in his replies and got to understand more where he came from and what his depth of knowledge is and how he got his 'info'.
I actually enjoyed conversing with him.

It was only the latest posts where he started regurgitating the same crap again (as he did here) and felt his, to him very valid, opinion wasn't accepted that some words became ... well ... less civilized.

I don't think he is a bad egg actually. He just has a warped way of thinking about how audio (or should I say electronics) 'works' and even misinterprets something as basic as an actual waveform.

The 'thrashing' of me I don't mind as I can defend myself, that of others is what is bothering to me.

Anyway I think he is just defending his 'religion' and hates it when some 'ignorant and misguided technical numbnuts' (my words) disagree with the 'real technical geniuses' he knows, and I think misinterprets as well.

When I would have met him in person I would have simply listened to his thesis and would not have bothered to engage him.
That's what I do on hifi shows etc... let them be. It always gets 'ugly' when one doesn't.

It is another thing if someone openly voices incorrect and not accurate nonsense to educate (unsuspecting) not technically avid readers.

He is on 'mental ignore' for me now and did not (could not possibly either) insult me as what he said is well ... nonsense.
Again .. I think he means well and has a big passion for music and reproduction.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor
That's unacceptable, though not public our PM or conversation system is not to be abused in this way.

Such abuse if bought to my attention will be treated as though it was a public post . It's up to you if you wish to invite me to said exchange.
I give a big thumbs down on this. If he is being abusive even in private, and has shown nothing other than contempt, then boot him off. We don't need his kind. If Solderdude says its insults then good enough for me. Maybe Solderdude can send you a conversation of his insults.

Besides, he'll feel so good we booted him off. It will confirm his righteousness. It is what he angling to get in the end.

Thomas savage

Power hungry desperado
The Watchman
Patreon Donor
Having appraised the particulars no further action will be taken.

I'd invite folks to move on as was also the case a few pages ago. Continually going over the same ground offers little but the potential for frustration.