• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC to recommend for active speakers

Strato007

Hi guys
I have a dilemma... I have a pair of Audioengine a5+ which I use meanly with the TV, Android box (connected to the tv) and music through cellphone.
looking into options, I would like to add a DAC (maybe DAC/Amp for occasionally headphones) with Bluetooth HD, toslink for tv audio out, and DAC RCA output.
I saw the Sabaj D4, but I have the shanglin m1 dap which has the same DAC and the AK4452 seems to sound narrow compared to Ztella MQA DAC.
What do you recommend for me?
I won’t spend more than US250.-

thanks a lot

Gphoton

Topping E30 is nice and I own. $130. If you want balanced out and Bluetooth SMSL M200 is an option, but $279. There are others Topping DX3 (Bluetooth, headphone amp), Soncoz LA-QXD1 to consider.

OP
Strato007

Strato007

Topping E30 is nice and I own. $130. If you want balanced out and Bluetooth SMSL M200 is an option, but $279. There are others Topping DX3 (Bluetooth, headphone amp), Soncoz LA-QXD1 to consider.
I decided to follow your recommendation I put an order in AliExpress for the E30. Any recommendation for this DAC? Thank you!

Gphoton

Make sure it is in preamp mode with the volume down before connecting the powered speakers. There are firmware updates to download. Make sure you have a good phone charger usb power supply handy. That's about it :) enjoy

Gphoton

I'm not sure the requester wanted a 48khz only solution and I don't see XLR outputs, so I assume these are 1/4 phono jacks? No SPDIF or Toslink? I also don't see any test results here on ASR. Is this an ADC not a DAC?

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I'm not sure the requester wanted a 48khz only solution

what the fuck. didn't see it is max 48k. what usage is this good for? podcasting? I always assumed there are no options with such limitations

I assume these are 1/4 phono jacks?

yea, TRS, pretty comum in such interfaces

No SPDIF or Toslink? I also don't see any test results here on ASR. Is this an ADC not a DAC?

yea, not such a good option in the end.

Top Bottom