• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dac Testing: Incompatibility of ASIO4ALL and Windows 10

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No luck. Changing to 24 bit makes no difference.

1539450603125.png

Here is ASIO4ALL and EL DAC:

1539450643606.png

And then using native ASIO driver:

1539450680560.png

Let's spread the word on this and see if we can get it resolved.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
RANT WARNING

What a mess!
It is. I have been pushing Audio Precision for months to adopt WASAPI native interface instead of ASIO. Hopefully this incident raises the priority of them doing this.

Nango

Major Contributor
The windows10 updates have gotten out of control. I've got mine disabled through winaero tweaker and blocked on my router. I'm sitting on 1803. I do updates when I want, not when MS decides.

These are blocked at router level and any of my machines (XP to Win10) are safe from the claws of updates.

crl.microsoft.com
download.microsoft.com
doawnload.windowsupdate.com
ntservicepack.microsoft.com
office.microsoft.com
officeupdate.microsoft.com
stats.microsoft.com
update.microsoft.com
v4.windowsupdate
windowsupdate.com
windowsupdate.microsoft.com
wustat.windows.com

Apparently all new releases of Win10 will have no printer driver repository either- everything will come from Win update. I can see that being a problem as 'legacy' printer drivers will just disappear altogether.

It's a mess Amir.

I found this one to control whether Win10 starts the update routine or not:

https://thinkwiki.de/TPFanControl

Scroll down until you see the tool: Manage Windows10 Update by one simple click with Up10control. As this page is related to ThinkPad from Lenovo I am not sure this will work with any other brand name.

Top Bottom