• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC recommendation for RPi4B with DigiOne Signature

bkarl

I'm planning to build a "Streamer Box" using RPi4B and ALLO DigiOne Signature. I have attached a principle diagram showing the equipment I already have at hand (shown in RED). I'm now looking for a reasonable quality lower cost DAC that I can build into the box. I was thinking of getting a Schiit Modi 3+ DAC, remove the cover of it and build it into my box. But perhaps there are other solutions that may work equally well. I would welcome any thoughts on this.
Digital Streamer Box.jpg
Digital Streamer Box.jpg

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
The other obvious contender is the Topping E30 - position it carefully in your case and you should be able to keep using the infrared remote. There are several other DACs around that price with performance that isn't far off though, with variations in features that might be a better fit for your needs. Check the master review index for options. It might even come down to local availability. I wouldn't have gone with the linear PSU or the DigiOne as I don't think they'd improve performance over USB, but they shouldn't do any harm either.

Top Bottom