• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC recco that supports professional levels on balanced outputs + DSD

elvisizer

Hello ASR- I have a Mytek Brooklyn DAC that I'm ready to move on from and I'm looking for recommendations for a new dac that supports high voltage output. The dac will be feeding a benchmark HPA-4, so I'd like something that supports professional levels on balanced outputs.
Really the only other requirement I have is good DSD support since I have a large number of ripped SACD's.
Even though that's all I want I'm having trouble finding something! Benchmark's DAC3 is an obvious choice, but their way of supporting DSD is kind of annoying so I'm looking for other options.
Anything else out there that would work and be clean enough not to compromise the preamp and ahb2's downstream?
thanks!

3125b

Major Contributor
The RME ADI-2 Pro FS R does up to +24dBu, the cheaper ADI-2 DAS FS up to +19dBu, both support DSD256, but using them with DSD I think you loose DSP and volume control so I don't know if they're the most sensible choice.
They talk about DSD in the manual, page 44 if you want to know more: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2profsr_e.pdf
I've never used it on mine frankly.

OP
E

elvisizer

I'll take a look- since I have the HPA-4 I don't use volume control on the DAC. DSP I would do in Roon, so that's also not a problem.

Top Bottom