• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC Noise Modulation: Chord DAVE vs Topping DX7 Pro+

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I recall Rega purchased some M2Tech Hiface usb/s/pdif converters from us way back when, because they lacked the in house speciality the first Rega dac did not sound great and if I recollect measured pretty poorly.
Keith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Below a picture from the stereophile review with -40 dB signal with the Rega Dac R : the result is state of the art for digital gear even today .

It's a great DAC and offers way more flexibility than a lot of modern D/As. I'd definitely keep it if I were you.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
because they lacked the in house speciality the first Rega dac did not sound great

A TT manufacturer realising they needed to 'go digital' or die. Like Linn and a few others, their first digital gear was cobbled together old designs or rebadges. But they soon caught up and look at them now. I'm glad, those two brands alone deserve to be the stalwarts of British HiFi survivors. All the UK big speaker makers are swallowed up, and most of the component manufacturers are part of some conglomerate or another.

Top Bottom