• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dac Help with a Volume screen!

RangerAudio

I currently have a topping dx1. I want something a tiny bit better then I can take my topping to work, and enjoy something at home. Can anyone recommend a dac or a dac amp that is 120 Sinad+ with a volume lcd? The topping e70 would definitely fit the bill but am looking at other options that might be cheaper. Maybe even the topping dx5 light could fit the bill but not sure.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a Topping E50/L50 and it's amazing. If you want an all in one for low budget, Amazon has the SMSL C200 used at $164 which scores great and hard to beat the price. I have the regular DX5 and it's nice, just not a great value for the money. I think the C200 will tick all the boxes, plus less cables and easier to transport.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The M300SE has much less power and I ordered one from Hi-Fi Express and 10 days so far and they haven't shipped it. If you get one I'd try Apos first, then Aliexpress for the SMSL factory site they've got there. I was going to get one for IEM's and as a DAC sometimes for testing other amps that come in. Today I'm taking the Topping L70/D30Pro amp DAC stack out with a Hifiman He5xx and it's SO good. This amplifier really is an upgrade from most others.

Top Bottom