• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC Headphone AMP Studio Monitors Setup Help

egothrasher

I am trying to setup a dac, headphone amp and studio monitors, and would like some help with the setup.

I believe it should go

Laptop/PC > DAC > Splits One balanced set goes to speakers, Other balanced set goes to headphone amp.
With that setup though, if I plug in the headphones, does that cut off the speakers or will they still be playing.

The other setup would be

Laptop>DAC>Headphone AMP>Speakers
Issue with that though is I am not seeing many if any headphone amps that have balanced outputs, mostly rca outputs.

All help again appreciated.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I am trying to setup a dac, headphone amp and studio monitors, and would like some help with the setup.

I believe it should go

Laptop/PC > DAC > Splits One balanced set goes to speakers, Other balanced set goes to headphone amp.
With that setup though, if I plug in the headphones, does that cut off the speakers or will they still be playing.

The other setup would be

Laptop>DAC>Headphone AMP>Speakers
Issue with that though is I am not seeing many if any headphone amps that have balanced outputs, mostly rca outputs.

All help again appreciated.
A90?

Top Bottom