• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC for ROKSAN K3

I thought I'd get by with a cheap bluetooth DAC like THIS one as a stop gap for bluetooth streaming. Problem is that the output volume is rather low and i have to put the Roksan's volume over half way to get a decent v olume ... If anyone knows the K3, if you put the volume half way your speakers will either blow up or the neighbours will call the police!!
I have an IOTAVX SA3 (wonderful amp by the way) in my dining room, and when i connect that using pre out the roksan is its usual ear shattering and beefy/muscular self. Even bypassing the SA3 volume and tone controls and using REC OUT the sound is still MUCH beefier. One thing i find with the SA3 though is when bluetooth is conencted there is quite a noticeable hiss...
I know that amazon one is a cheap DAC and its line level output is low etc, but i am worried if I step up to a decent (non volume and tone) DAC it may have the same problem?
Can any of you fine peeps recommend a DAC / streamer with a nice and loud analogue out with aptx hd bluetooth that doesnt cost over £150? Tone controls would be nice though the roksan is bassy with great mid and highs anyway. However, i do like to sometimes apply a V curve when i have guests over as most average peeps like that in their music I find ...
I was thinking of getting a DAC MAGIC 100 from Camb. Aud. and just connecting the bluetooth dongle via optical out to override its shabby DAC? For streaming happy to connect an Alexa cia bluetooth and an old Google CCA for higher bit rate music for now. Is that a sensible option? you can get these for around £100 ish refurb...
Thanks in advance :)

Top Bottom