• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC for Bluesound Node 2 with Tidal.

Manuel

Estoy pensando en comprar un dac para mi Nodo 2. El uso es 100% Tidal Hifi. Es para mi kit de auriculares que consta de un amplificador Pathos Aurium y dos auriculares, el Senn HD800S y el AKG K812. Gracias a este foro. Algunos candidatos: Acorde Qutest RME ADI-2 dac Topping D70 SMSL SU 8 v2 Rega Dac R M2 Tech Joven DSD Consonancia Dsd 1.3 Consonancia Don Curzio Agradecería su ayuda y sugerencias respecto.

Debe ser un producto que pueda comprar desde España.
Saludos

OP
M

Manuel

I'm sorry, the translator did not work for me. Now I think so.

I'm thinking of buying a dac for my Bluesound Node 2. The use is 100% Tidal Hifi. It's for my headset kit that consists of a Pathos Aurium amplifier and two headphones, the Senn HD800S and the AKG K812. Thanks to this forum, I have known some more alternatives. Some candidates: Chord Qutest RME ADI-2 dac Topping D70 SMSL SU 8 v2 Rega Dac R M2 Tech Young DSD Consonance Dsd 1.3 Consonance Don Curzio I would appreciate your help and suggestions regarding.

It should be a product that you can buy from Spain.

regards

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I'm sorry, the translator did not work for me. Now I think so.

I'm thinking of buying a dac for my Bluesound Node 2. The use is 100% Tidal Hifi. It's for my headset kit that consists of a Pathos Aurium amplifier and two headphones, the Senn HD800S and the AKG K812. Thanks to this forum, I have known some more alternatives. Some candidates: Chord Qutest RME ADI-2 dac Topping D70 SMSL SU 8 v2 Rega Dac R M2 Tech Young DSD Consonance Dsd 1.3 Consonance Don Curzio I would appreciate your help and suggestions regarding.

It should be a product that you can buy from Spain.

regards

Doesn't it already have a dac?

OP
M

Manuel

Do you want Tidal MQA support , for Tidal Masters music ? ie do you want a MQA capable DAC ?.

I think Chord are not supporting MQA.
MQA DAC support is listed here https://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/our-partners, look for DAC

PS I have no opinion on MQA as a "thing"...

The use of MQA is not the most important. I'm looking for the best sound, even if it's not MQA. Thank you

OP
M

Manuel

Doesn't it already have a dac?

I do not have an independent dac The Node 2 brings its own dac, but I think it's not the best. Hence, look for an external one. Thank you

OP
M

Manuel

Has anyone had experiences with the models I have indicated in a configuration similar to mine?

Voo

I have a bluesound node 2. also have a topping d10, msb link dac, and geshelli labs enog2 dac. I think the dac in the bluesound node 2 is fine. I use the topping d10 and geshelli labs enog2 dacs for headphone use w/thxaaa789 and jds labs atom amps. the bluesound node 2 gets used with magnepan and focal speakers.

OP
M

Manuel

I forgot to say that I also have the Chord Mojo for portable listening. The Chord is a sound that I like, but I really think it's too expensive. Any dac that can be compared at a lower price?

OP
M

Manuel

I can buy a used Yulong D200 DSD for € 300. Is it a good option?

OP
M

Manuel

I doubt between Topping d70, d50S or SMSL SU-8 V2. It would be almost 100% to hear Tidal with headphones. What do you think?

D

Deleted member 4987

If it's any help I have a Bluesound node 2 and have wondered about using an external dac. I recently read comments from other people who have tried the RME adi-2 with it, bearing in mind that these people are the sort of people who usually 'hear' differences in cables, and .....no, they were unable to hear a difference between it and the Bluesound's internal dac.

Make of that what you will. If I remember correctly they thought the Chord Qutest was very slightly 'different'...

OP
M

Manuel

Thanks, I could actually try two dac of a certain quality, Chord Hugo and Wadia di122, but in the speaker system, and I certainly didn't find any differences. I did not buy them.

That is why I doubt if I will notice anything in the headset.

regards

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Has anyone heard a difference between a good bluetooth adapter and the Node 2i using Tidal? I currently use an Audioengine B1 to stream from my iPhone into an Anthem STR preamp. I'd like to upgrade to a streamer and considered the Node 2i with its digital out going to the Anthem or perhaps an external DAC.

Top Bottom