• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC - buy new or keep it ?

SweetLead

Hi ! I have Ifi Neo dac amp combo, so I have in mind to just add amp topping a90 to connect with ifi neo, neo will be dac then. My question : is ifi neo good enough dac for topping a90 or I must sell neo and buy topping d90se ?

3125b

Major Contributor
What is the issue with using just the iFi anyway?

OP
SweetLead

SweetLead

Any specific reason why that idea has entered your mind? Just good old upgaditis? :D
I just not sure if I can use a full potencial of ifi neo amp section for my hd 660s or in future I want to buy sennhesier hd 800s. I read that the ifi neo have better dac than amp, the amp of neo is mediocre, I readed this on some reviews. I just use tidal, youtube and gaming with my headphones. I just want to pull out the most I can from my headphones and future headphones. Yeah, struggling in the rabbit hole for audio equipment is bad addiction, for chasing something more or better. Ifi neo sounds good to me, but what if can be better....

Top Bottom