• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC Amp with output selector

john100a

Hi there.

I am looking for a DAC and AMP unit (combo) that allows me to switch outputs with a switch. A perfect candidate for this would be the Audio.gd (nfb11) products with their physical output switch between rear RCA and front headphone, but I hate the gruesome ordering process and lack of support, as well as bad measurements.

What units out there exist for my needs? I currently have a pair of not very demanding headphones but I do want future-proofing in case I would upgrade. My budget is somewhere around $300, give or take.

To be clear - I just want to not have to unplug headphones for the RCA output to work. A output selector is what I want. To have both headphones and powered speakers to the unit.

OP
J

john100a

OP
J

john100a

I've found a few units but none of them have any measurements available or any reviews, for that matter.

These are the Audinst HUD DX-1 V2, and the TempoTec Serenade DAC/AMP. Both priced pretty reasonably, but as I've said, lack of reviews and measurement are a big factor.. They don't have reputable vendors as well to facilitate an easy return in case of bad performance.

@amirm Have you heard of these before? I think there is a place for this specific category of wanting an output switch. This de-clutters the desk and allows for a very streamlined operation between headphones and powered speakers, which many people have.

mslim

I'm interested in this kind of design setup as well and have been looking at the above and both have very little info on youtube. No measurements available. Let's create a list

1. Audio-gd NFB 11.28 - Not reviewed. Have some measurements. Point of note: their vastly more expensive stuff don't measure up
2. Audinst HUD Dx-1 V2. Not reviewed. ESS based. Op-amp rolling available.
3. Tempotec Serenade. Not reviewed. AKM based. No optical input. Op-amp rolling available.
4. RME-ADI 2. Reviewed. One of the best.

Last edited:
OP
J

john100a

I'm interested in this kind of design setup as well and have been looking at the above and both have very little info on youtube. No measurements available. Let's create a list

1. Audio-gd NFB 11.28 - Not reviewed. Have some measurements. Point of note: their vastly more expensive stuff don't measure up
3. Tempotec Serenade. Not reviewed. AKM based. No optical input. Op-amp rolling available.
4. RME-ADI 2. Reviewed. One of the best.

The ADI is like $1,000+ though.. Do you know of any other units that offer this? Very nice list, but I have said those already in my post.

mslim

4. RME-ADI 2. Reviewed. One of the best
5. Singxer SDA-2 . Has a preout button. Reviewed and recommended. But budget unit. .

mslim

The ADI is like $1,000+ though.. Do you know of any other units that offer this? Very nice list, but I have said those already in my post.

I was hoping for people to add to the list of DACs that have that feature. Not easy to remember all the features of all DACs.

OP
J

john100a

I was hoping for people to add to the list of DACs that have that feature. Not easy to remember all the features of all DACs.

I believe the SMSL M9 also has this feature, although I cant find any measurements for it. I think at this point the only decent options are the Element 2 or the Sabaj D5, IIRC. There's also a supposed SMSL M400 in the works that will have these features as well.

Top Bottom