• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC amp recommendation

miiaow

I’m very new to the hifi world and I’m looking for a good headphone setup.

During visits to different hifi stores I have been recommended some different setups:

1) Dragonfly red + sennheiser HD 660 s
2) Focal Clear + hugo2 DACAMP
3) Hifiman Arya + Modi 3 / Magni 3
4) Hifiman Arya + WA11 Topaz
5) Focal clear + mojo

For the time beeing I’m leaning towards the Arya, but still undecided when it comes to dac/amp.

After reading a lot of reviews I have also come to consider other brands of dacs/amps like Topping and their DX3Pro, but I am of course concerned with reports of bad quality and failing units and updated components breaking with original specs.

Do you guys have recommendations for a solid dac+amp combo that will drive the Aryas comfortably? I would love to be reassured that the issues with Topping DX3Pro are gone since it seems like a worthy contestant aside from that.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Have you listened to all the headsets? I don't expect that the amps/DACs that they have talked about will make any difference unless they are under powered. Get the headset that suits you personal taste. Get the DX3Pro or a combination of DAC and amp.

OP
M

miiaow

Have you listened to all the headsets? I don't expect that the amps/DACs that they have talked about will make any difference unless they are under powered. Get the headset that suits you personal taste. Get the DX3Pro or a combination of DAC and amp.

I did listen to all of them, and the Arya is the one that sounded best in my opinion.
The DX3Pro looks great, but the reports of quality issues both here and on massdrop scare me!

Top Bottom